CORTEXIN is a mixture of neuropeptide fractions, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals, all of which have a pronounced but subtle positive effect on the brain. It is another popular product in our store, and we decided to tell you what we know about the company, producing it.
About the company
Geropharm is a company based in Russia. Founded in 2001, it is pretty young, but it has been among the top Russian high-growth companies. Geropharm is already a winner of numerous ratings and awards. Among them are:
- Prize in the field of import substitution "Priority" (2015)
- Competition "Leader of the Russian business" (2016)
- Competition "Development Award" (2016)
- "Gazelle business" (2016, 2017)
- "Enterprise of the Year" (2016, 2017)
- RBC Prize (2017)
The company also takes part in the project "National Champions", founded by the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation.
Geropharm has a subsidiary, which is a Research and Development Center implementing the full drug development cycle: the company invests a lot in technological innovations. Geropharm is the 1st in the market of genetically engineered insulin since the end of 2016, and it is also the first Russian manufacturer of human genetically engineered insulin in terms of the full cycle principle, from the synthesis of a substance to the finished dosage form.
The main areas of research and development are psychoneurology, ophthalmology, endocrinology, and gynecology.
The company has 2 production sites, in Moscow Region and in St. Petersburg. At both, 90% of the processes are fully automated. Geropharm plant in the Moscow region is a modern full-cycle biotechnological production, while Geropharm plant in St. Petersburg is specialized on production of active pharmaceutical substances for original drugs for the treatment of neurological, ophthalmologic diseases and menopausal syndrome, as well as genetically engineered insulin substances and insulin analogs.
If you want to learn more about the full-cycle production process, take a 360° tour on the company website!
Quality Standards and Policy
Just like all the other companies from our trust list, Geropharm develops and produces medications in full compliance with the requirements of international pharmaceutical quality standards, so it has got Good Manufacturing Practice certificate, № 025/2014/SAUMP/GMP from 07/04/14. Production is also organized according to the ISO 9001 quality standard.
Quality Policy (from the official website):
- Development, production, and drug quality control (Quality, Safety, Efficiency)
- Quality achievement by following the regulations of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), Good Clinical Practice (GCP), Good Medical Practice (GMP), Good Distribution Practice (GDP)
- Precise distribution of roles and responsibilities. Full staff involvement in the creation of the quality system
- A sufficient number of trained personnel at all levels
- Compliance with the national and international legislation and its own System
- Willingness to consider all remarks made by competent authorities in the course of inspections
- Introduction of advanced technologies and new control methods
Currently, Geropharm is implementing a number of innovative product development projects in cooperation with foreign partners from the USA, Great Britain, France, Spain, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Japan, and South Korea. Geropharm offers joint development of innovative drugs, and contract manufacturing as well.