Energy and Adaptogens
"Citius, altius, fortius!"
Products presented in this selection can be used not only for fighting chronic fatigue and lack of energy, but also for enhancement of your physical well-being and athletic performance.
Ability to adapt is crucial to the survival, be it in harsh environmental conditions, or hard and demanding work.
Adaptogens make up a pharmacological group of preparations which increase overall body resistance to a wide range of harmful effects, including physical, chemical and biological ones, and therefore enhance performance and intelligence.
Adaptogens are also used to increase physical endurance, facilitate the acclimatization process, prevent catarrhal diseases as well as to accelerate the recovery process after passing through the acute phase of the disease. They are also used to alleviate the symptoms of high-altitude sickness.
To read more about each of the top products - visit our dedicated information page
Developed in the Soviet Union for the needs of the military, Bemitil (also known as Metaprot and AntiHot) has a long history of usage in clinical practice and in sport. It was developed in the 1970s and was successfully used during Afghanistan war, Chernobyl catastrophe and Olympic games in Moscow.
The drug has nootropic, regenerative, antihypoxic, antioxidant and immunomodulatory action.
A perfect alternative for the discontinued Ladasten (Bromantane)
MILDRONATE ® [Meldonium]
Mildronate ® is used to treat angina, myocardial failure and reduce alcohol withdrawal symptoms. Off-label use of Meldonuim in otherwise healthy individuals includes increasing exercise tolerance, learning, memory, and sexual function.
Mildronate gained popularity after Maria Sharapova, a famous tennis player, said that she has been taking this drug for the last 10 years because of health reasons. Also, a number of other world and Olympic champions were tested positive for it. As of January 2016, this compound has been banned by WADA and may not be used by athletes anymore.
We recommend you this video explanation of Mildronate's effect in the cell.
Availability: in stock
A perfect alternative for the discontinued Ladasten (Bromantane)
ADAPTOL ® [Mebicar]
Mebicar works on the serotonergic system: taken in small doses it increases the effect of tryptophan, which is a precursor to serotonin.
Availability: in stock
The product is available in different sizes and from different manufactures.
Caffein-activ [Caffeine + B12]
Caffeine is a substance that in its natural form is produced in the leaves and seeds of many plants. In addition, it is often found in worldwide popular drinks - coffee, tea, many soft drinks, as well as most energy drinks.
Caffeine stimulates the central nervous system, increases mental and physical performance, physical activity, shortens the reaction time, temporarily reduces fatigue and drowsiness, facilitates perception, increases heat production and urination, increases gastric secretion. It may be used as an extra energy source in the morning, as well as to stay productive during the day.
L-Carnitine is an indispensable component of nutrition allowing optimal development of the human body. It is contained mainly in the muscles. L-carnitine is an amino acid that delivers fat to the muscles, where it is burned to produce energy. L-carnitine plays a huge role in the metabolism of fats. As a result, it helps to increase endurance during training and the provision of oxygen to cells. L-carnitine enhances protein synthesis and fatty acid transport to mitochondria, where they burn to form energy. Therefore, L-carnitine is especially often used in sports, as well as during diets.
ENERION ® [Sulbutiamine]
ENERION ® is a modified thiamine (vitamin B1), that can easily cross the blood-brain barrier. In the brain, it produces both GABA and acetylcholine, thus affecting adaptability, mood and focus.
Availability: in stock
Many decades ago shepherds in Switzerland noticed that young calves are able to heal their injuries and regenerate their tissue much faster than older calves. However, it was only in 1957, when Swiss scientists obtained a highly purified extract from blood of young calves and developed the drug.
Actovegin enhances aerobic oxidation, absorption of glucose and oxygen uptake in tissue. For this reason Actovegin has been used by athletes who wanted to speed up the recovery process and enhance physical performance and stamina. It is also a great drug to treat various sport injuries.
A perfect alternative for the discontinued Ladasten (Bromantane)
Trekresan (or Trekrezan) is an immunomodulating drug having pronounced adaptogenic properties. Its active ingredient is oxyethylammonium methylphenoxyacetate which is similar in structure to such human and plant molecules as choline, lecithine and indole-3-acetic acid.
The preparation was developed by professor M.G. Voronkov and his team of scientists of A. E. Favorsky Irkutsk Institute of Chemistry in 1972. Testing proved that the new substance is close to herbal and natural adaptogens in its effect.
- Shirinskiĭ et al (1993) The immunoactive properties of trekrezan https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8219991/
- Sabadyshin et al (1998) Effect of trekrezan on the lipid peroxidation in patients with chronic cardiac insufficiency https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9777233
- Kolesnikova et al (2003) Trekrezan as a modulator of hemato- and immunopoieses https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14556517
- Voronkov et al (2004) Effect of trekrezan on immunogenesis under experimental conditions
- Zarubina et al (2006) Efficiency of trekrezan in experimental bronchopneumonia in rats https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17369940
- Zarubina et al (2006) Comparative study of the energy-stabilizing and immunotropic properties of trekrezan and polyoxidon on a bronchopulmonary inflammation model in rats https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17153967
- Zarubina et al (2008) Metabolic effects of Trekrezan during adaptation of rats to intermittent hypoxic hypoxia https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19024000
- Zarubina et al (2008) Functional and metabolic changes of healthy volunteers after cold exposure and administration of meteoadaptogen trekrezan https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18383733
- Voronkov et al (2010) Antisclerotic effect of Trekrezan and its possible mechanisms https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20514866
Hypoxen is an adaptogen developed in 1976 by a group of scientists in the Institute of Macromolecular Compounds of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Leningrad. The active compound of Hypoxen is Sodium salt of (poly-(2,5-dihydroxy-phenylene))-4-thiosulfonic acid. Hypoxenum and coenzyme Q10 have a similar structure.
Kasolin is a natural adaptogen stimulating sexual function that contains concentrated castoreum extract. Numerous active compounds of castoreum are included in the drug formulation in homeopathic doses. Namely:
- alcohols and phenols, including catechol and its derivatives;
- hydroquinone and chavicol;
- ketones, natural steroids and acids (benzoic, salicylic, cinnamic and p-Anisic);
- esters, resinous compounds and mineral components;
Eleuthero liquid extract (Siberian ginseng)
Eleuthero (also known as Siberian Ginseng) has been part of the herbal repertoire in traditional medicine for thousands of years and continues to gain increasing popularity nowadays. It is a very powerful adaptogen that can help not only to increase stamina but also to promote overall health. The short list of indications for use includes: physical and mental fatigue, arterial hypotension, neurasthenia, asthenia, nervous breakdown and protracted recovery from somatic and infectious diseases.
Ginseng Tincture (Panax ginseng)
Ginseng or Panax is one of the most popular and widely-researched herbal remedies in the world. It is even believed to be a natural cure-all and can be used for a wide variety of purposes, such as low mood and decreased mental capacity. The short list of indications for its use includes: physical and mental fatigue, arterial hypotension, asthenic syndrome, nervous breakdown, sexual dysfunction, neurocirculatory dystonia (hypotonic type) and protracted recovery period after a number of diseases (incl. infections).
Leuzea-P (Rhaponticum carthamoides or Maral root)
Leuzea (Rhaponticum) has been used in traditional Siberian medicine to bolster both physical and mental performance (especially after illness). The major requirement associated with Leuzea is the enhancement of physical strength and muscle protein synthesis. The other indications for use include mental and physical fatigue, asthenia, exhaustion, decreased mental and physical capacity, irritability, headache, chronic alcoholism, erectile dysfunction.
Aralia is a well-known gentle adaptogenic tonic herb popular for its wide range of pharmacological properties. It is used to treat physical and mental fatigue, asthenic syndrome, arterial hypotension, decreased sex drive, mental breakdown, depression, enuresis, radiation sickness and metabolic disorders. This herbal remedy can also help to recover from craniocerebral injury, contusion, meningitis, post-infectious arachnoiditis and ARVI (in the complex therapy).
Schisandra Chinensis Seeds Tincture
Known since ancient times for its unique adaptogenic qualities, Schisandra Chinensis can treat various diseases and restore health after severe illnesses. The benefits of this herb have been proved in numerous studies showing that it is one the strongest natural antioxidants in the world. Schisandra will rejuvenate the body, increase the vital energy, enhance physical work capacity and strengthen stress resistance. Some indications for use include asthenic syndrome, chronic fatigue, in combination therapy for treating sexual dysfunction caused by neurasthenia, mental and physical exhaustion, neurocirculatory dystonia (hypotonic type) and protracted recovery from somatic and infectious diseases.
- A Panossian (2008) Pharmacology of Schisandra chinensis Bail.: An overview of Russian research and uses in medicine https://www.researchgate.net/publication/5336030_Pharmacology_of_Schisandra_chinensis_Bail_An_overview_of_Russian_research_and_uses_in_medicine
- A Panossian, G Wikman (2010) Effects of Adaptogens on the Central Nervous System and the Molecular Mechanisms Associated with Their Stress—Protective Activity https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3991026/
- Wang et al (2014) Supplementation with the Extract of Schisandrae Fructus Pulp, Seed, or Their Combination Influences the Metabolism of Lipids and Glucose in Mice Fed with Normal and Hypercholesterolemic Diet https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4021675/
- Li et al (2017) Compound Schisandra-Ginseng-Notoginseng-Lycium Extract Ameliorates Scopolamine-Induced Learning and Memory Disorders in Mice https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5549506/
- Szopa et al (2017) Current knowledge of Schisandra chinensis (Turcz.) Baill. (Chinese magnolia vine) as a medicinal plant species: a review on the bioactive components, pharmacological properties, analytical and biotechnological studies https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5378736/
- Szopa et al (2018) Phytochemical and biotechnological studies on Schisandra chinensis cultivar Sadova No. 1—a high utility medicinal plant https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5959991/
- Lee et al (2018) Deoxyschizandrin, Isolated from Schisandra Berries, Induces Cell Cycle Arrest in Ovarian Cancer Cells and Inhibits the Protumoural Activation of Tumour-Associated Macrophages https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5793319/
- Nowak et al (2019) Potential of Schisandra chinensis (Turcz.) Baill. in Human Health and Nutrition: A Review of Current Knowledge and Therapeutic Perspectives https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6412213/
Trimunal [Ginseng + Echinacea + Liquorice]
Trimunal is a drug based on ginseng, echinacea and liquorice. Multiple organic and inorganic components of these herbs provide for adaptogenic, immune stimulating and general tonic properties of Trimunal. It also has restorative and nootropic, stress-protective, anti-inflammatory, gastroprotective and antioxidant effects. The preparation improves, maintains and restores physical and mental performance and can be used for immunity improvement.
BEFUNGIN [Chaga Mushroom Tincture]
Befungin is a restorative and regenerative medicine based on Chaga mushroom. This preparation stimulates metabolism, restores hematogenesis and strengthens immune system after long-term illnesses.
Befungin contains the extract of a cinder conk (Chaga mushroom which grows on birch trees) with salts of 1.5% cobalt sulphate or 1% cobalt chloride.
The Chaga mushroom is believed to have been discovered and used in China in the 3rd century BC, later being adopted by Japan and then Korea. In the 19th century, it finally came to Russia.
- Babitskaia et al (2000) Melanin complex of the fungus Inonotus obliquus https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10994193
- Park et al (2004) Chaga mushroom extract inhibits oxidative DNA damage in human lymphocytes as assessed by comet assay https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15630179
- Ciu et al (2005) Antioxidant effect of Inonotus obliquus https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15588653
- Nakajima et al (2007) Antioxidant small phenolic ingredients in Inonotus obliquus (persoon) Pilat (Chaga) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17666849
- Joo et al (2010) Extract of Chaga mushroom (Inonotus obliquus) stimulates 3T3-L1 adipocyte differentiation https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21031614
- Chung et al (2010) Anticancer activity of subfractions containing pure compounds of Chaga mushroom (Inonotus obliquus) extract in human cancer cells and in Balbc/c mice bearing Sarcoma-180 cells https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20607061
- Giridharan et al (2011) Amelioration of scopolamine induced cognitive dysfunction and oxidative stress by Inonotus obliquus - a medicinal mushroom https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21779570
- Lemieszek et al (2011) Anticancer effects of fraction isolated from fruiting bodies of Chaga medicinal mushroom, Inonotus obliquus (Pers.:Fr.) Pilát (Aphyllophoromycetideae): in vitro studies https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22135889
- Shibnev et al (2011) Antiviral activity of Inonotus obliquus fungus extract towards infection caused by hepatitis C virus in cell cultures https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22462058
- Yun et al (2011) Inonotus obliquus Protects against Oxidative Stress-Induced Apoptosis and Premature Senescence https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3887607/
- Glamočlija et al (2015) Chemical characterization and biological activity of Chaga (Inonotus obliquus), a medicinal "mushroom" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25576897
- Balandaykin et al (2015) Review on Chaga Medicinal Mushroom, Inonotus obliquus (Higher Basidiomycetes): Realm of Medicinal Applications and Approaches on Estimating its Resource Potential https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25746615
- Arata et al (2016) Continuous intake of the Chaga mushroom (Inonotus obliquus) aqueous extract suppresses cancer progression and maintains body temperature in mice https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4946216/
- Gery et al (2018) Chaga (Inonotus obliquus), a Future Potential Medicinal Fungus in Oncology? A Chemical Study and a Comparison of the Cytotoxicity Against Human Lung Adenocarcinoma Cells (A549) and Human Bronchial Epithelial Cells (BEAS-2B) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6142110/
ENTROP (PHENOTROPIL) [Phenylpiracetam]
Phenotropil ® is a phenyl - derivative of Piracetam. It is reported to be more neuroprotective than the original compound; it was also shown to possess psychostimulatory and various adaptogenic properties.
Entrop ® is a pharmaceutical product with the same active ingredient, phenylpiracetam and it is produced by a Latvian company, Olainfarm.
Availability: Very limited availability
Cogitum is an adaptogen with tonic and stimulating properties. It has a 40-year-long track record of successful application.
Cogitum is widely used in pediatrics and child neurology for treating delayed development, asthenic syndrome and for increasing endurance and mental performance in children and adolescents during high loads. The drug is prescribed in children aged 7 years and older. It enhances memory due to D-Aspartic acid which is a well-known metabolite.
Pantocrinum is a tonic and stimulating adaptogen based on the maral (red deer) antlers extract.
The healing properties of maral antlers were well-known in ancient Chinese mythology and in ancient Roman medicine. They were widely used in Chinese and Korean medicine. In Russia, the healing properties of maral antlers were revealed in the 18th century, though the research on the matter started in 1930s. The red deer antlers extract was registered under the brand name Pantocrinum in 1970. The drug can be used as part of complex therapy of asthenia (overwork), neurasthenia and hypotension. The drug is available in pharmacies without a prescription.
Since the 19th century, marals are bred in captivity in order to obtain their antlers. In Russia, the breeding is most developed in Altai Republic. Sawing off the antlers is painless and harmless for the deer as they have a natural ability to lose and regrow their antlers annually.
Heptor [S-Adenosyl methionine]
Heptor is a drug based on ademetionine (S-Adenosyl methionine), which is currently considered one of the most powerful hepatoprotectors. Ademetionine takes part in transmethylation and is a biosynthetic precursor of cysteine, taurine and glutathione. Apart from its hepatoprotective properties, ademetionine also has anti-inflammatory, painkiller and antidepressant effects. Heptor is a choleretic and cholekinetic drug.
The use of drug in patients with osteoarthritis helps relieve pain and stimulates proteoglycan synthesis and cartilage tissue regeneration.
Heptor also has detoxifying, regenerating, antioxidant, antifibrotic and neuroprotective properties.
The drug was shown to be effective in patients with hepatopathy caused by hepatotoxic drugs.
Effex Tribulus [Tribulus Terrestris Extract]
Effex Tribulus is a herbal drug based on tribulus terrestris stem and leaves extract containing steroid saponins. The drug has a tonic effect and it stimulates the reproductive system functions, improving sexual libido and prolonging erection in men.Effex Tribulus stimulates spermatogenesis, increasing the number of spermatozoa and their mobility.
Tribulus terrestris has been used in traditional medicine in China, India, Sudan, Pakistan and other countries for centuries. In India the plant is used in the form of decoction to treat urinary tract infections, urolithiasis, dysmenorrhea and edema. A scientific research based on World Health organization criteria (published in Cryobiology magazine, 2017-April) showed that the protective effects of tribulus terrestris, which improves human sperm motility and viability, may be due to its antioxidant properties. On the basis of the results, the researchers concluded that the plant can be used as a safe therapeutic alternative to current modalities for the management of motility dysfunction in males.
The studies show that the plant’s compound protodioscin is metabolized in the body to dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), which has a beneficial effect on the immune system, cell membrane integrity, erectile function and cholesterol metabolism. Cholesterol is known to be essential for the synthesis of all steroids, including DHEA, testosterone and estradiol, which explains the hypolipidemic effect of the drug. Other saponin components of the plant enhance the effect of protodioscin. The research showed the effect of a hydroalcoholic extract of tribulus terrestris on serum glucose and lipid profile of women with diabetes mellitus.
- Rogerson et al (2007) The effect of five weeks of Tribulus terrestris supplementation on muscle strength and body composition during preseason training in elite rugby league players https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17530942
- Milasius et al (2009) The influence of the Tribulus terrestris extract on the parameters of the functional preparedness and athletes' organism homeostasis https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20095389
- Do et al (2013) Effects and Mechanism of Action of a Tribulus terrestris Extract on Penile Erection https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3604572/
- Qureshi et al (2014) A systematic review on the herbal extract Tribulus terrestris and the roots of its putative aphrodisiac and performance enhancing effect https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24559105
- Chhatre et al (2014) Phytopharmacological overview of Tribulus terrestris https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3931200/
- Pokrywka et al (2014) Insights into Supplements with Tribulus Terrestris used by Athletes https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4120469/
- V Neychev, V Mitev (2016) Pro-sexual and androgen enhancing effects of Tribulus terrestris L.: Fact or Fiction https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26727646
- Zhu et al (2017) A review of traditional pharmacological uses, phytochemistry, and pharmacological activities of Tribulus terrestris https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5503856/
- Tadayon et al (2018) The effect of hydro-alcohol extract of Tribulus terrestris on sexual satisfaction in postmenopause women: A double-blind randomized placebo-controlled trial https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6259506/
- Pavin et al (2018) Tribulus terrestris Protects against Male Reproductive Damage Induced by Cyclophosphamide in Mice https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30228856/
- Santos et al (2019) Beyond tribulus (Tribulus terrestris L.): The effects of phytotherapics on testosterone, sperm and prostate parameters https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30790614
Melarena is an adaptogen, sedative and hypnotic drug based on a synthetic analogue of pineal hormone melatonin. It is used in case of jet lag, adjusts sleep-wake cycles in people whose daily work schedule changes (shift-work disorder), and helps blind people establish a day and night cycle. It stabilises circadian rhythms.
It increases levels of gamma-Aminobutyric acid and serotonin in the midbrain and hypothalamus as it regulates the pyridoxal kinase which influences the synthesis of these compounds. The drug inhibits the secretion of gonadotropins and other pituitary gland hormones (corticotropin, thyroid stimulating hormone and somatotropin). It normalizes daily changes in body activity and temperature, improves brain activity and reduces irritability. Melarena has a positive effect on night sleep. It helps fall asleep, reduces night time awakenings and facilitates morning awakening.
The drug has also been proven effective in adapting to rapid change of time zones while travelling. It reduces stress and weather sensitivity and stabilises the neuroendocrine system. Melarena has immunomodulating and antioxidant properties. The drug is non-addictive. It has been shown that the natural production of melatonin declines with age, so it is better to use melatonin at an older age.
- P Pevet (2002) Melatonin https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3181670/
- Malhotra et al (2004) The Therapeutic Potential of Melatonin: A Review of the Science https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1395802/
- Buscemi et al (2004) Melatonin for Treatment of Sleep Disorders: Summary
- Pandi-Perumal et al (2006) Melatonin: Nature's most versatile biological signal? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16817850
- Ferracioli-Oda et al (2013) Meta-analysis: melatonin for the treatment of primary sleep disorders https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23691095
- I Kostoglou-Athanassiou (2013) Therapeutic applications of melatonin https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3593297/
- Costello et al (2014) The effectiveness of melatonin for promoting healthy sleep: a rapid evidence assessment of the literature https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4273450/
- B Claustrat, J Leston (2015) Melatonin: Physiological effects in humans https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25908646
- Masters et al (2015) Melatonin, the Hormone of Darkness: From Sleep Promotion to Ebola Treatment https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4334454/
- Tordjman et al (2017) Melatonin: Pharmacology, Functions and Therapeutic Benefits https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5405617/
- Xie et al (2017) A review of sleep disorders and melatonin https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28460563
- Meng et al (2017) Dietary Sources and Bioactivities of Melatonin https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5409706/
- N Zisapel (2018) New perspectives on the role of melatonin in human sleep, circadian rhythms and their regulation https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6057895/
- Zwart et al (2018) Long-Term Melatonin Therapy for Adolescents and Young Adults with Chronic Sleep Onset Insomnia and Late Melatonin Onset: Evaluation of Sleep Quality, Chronotype, and Lifestyle Factors Compared to Age-Related Randomly Selected Population Cohorts https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5872230/
Elcar is a drug intended to stabilize the body’s metabolic processes and improve tissue energy supply.
Its active ingredient, levocarnitine, is equal to natural L-carnitine, a quaternary ammonium compound involved in metabolism in most mammals, plants and some bacteria. It is used in transporting fatty acids across the mitochondrial membrane to the cytoplasm of target cells such as the heart, skeletal muscle, and other tissue cells, where they are used for fuel. Some research has been successfully carried out on carnitine supplementation in athletes, patients with various cardiometabolic conditions, male infertility, cardiac ischemia, atherosclerosis, etc.
L-carnitine also increases the nervous tissue resistance to damaging factors (including hypoxia, trauma, intoxication), inhibits anaerobic glycolysis and the formation of keto acids and helps fight lactic acidosis.
Elcar restores alkaline reserve and cerebral autoregulation, regulates the blood supply in the affected area and accelerates reparative processes. It improves protein and fat metabolism, increases the secretion and activity of digestive enzymes, improves the absorption of food and reduces excess body weight and muscle fat content. The drug increases body resistance and helps save muscle glycogen during physical exercise.
Elcar has an anabolic and lipolytic effect.
Potassium Orotate® is a non-hormonal, anabolic agent, which is a potassium salt of carboxylic acid. It has a general stimulating effect on metabolic processes. It is a stimulant for the synthesis of nucleic acids involved in protein synthesis; it enhances reparative and regenerative processes in body tissues.
- Orotic acid is the “ancestor” of the substance in acids, synthesizing protein molecules. It was discovered in 1904 by the scientists Biscaro and Belloni. And in 1953, the scientists Manna and Hauge proved that vitamin B13 and orotic acid are identical. Orotic acid enhances the formation of albumin in the liver, especially in case of prolonged hypoxia that occurs in some diseases, such as heart failure. It improves the tolerance to cardiac glycosides and increases diuresis.
- Potassium is another active substance of the drug which activates the benefits of orotic acid. Potassium is present in the body of every person and is considered one of the most important minerals. It regulates water balance, stimulates muscle contraction and membrane potential. This substance is contained in the cells (80%) and in the intercellular space (20%), being constantly washed out of the cell cytoplasm. To maintain the required concentration, potassium needs to be injected back into the cells, which is carried out using sodium. Hypokalemia (potassium deficiency) develops in case of the potassium-sodium interaction failure because of the insufficient intake of the microelement in the body or its poor absorption. In this regard, it is necessary to compensate for the deficiency of the vital mineral by using various drugs, such as Potassium Orotate®.
Given the medical properties of the drug, it can be called a low-risk medication with a wide range of indications for use:
- Heart failure;
- Muscle dystrophy;
- Therapy of hepatic pathologies;
- Stimulation of anabolic process.
Sometimes bodybuilders also use Potassium Orotate® for their purposes: muscle growth, cutting training, prevention of pathologies of the heart and blood vessels against intensive steroid courses.
- Magne B6;
- Potassium Chloride.
Despite the fact that Potassium Orotate® is generally safe for the human body, in some cases its use is strictly prohibited:
- Hepatic failure and pathologies (both chronic and acute);
- Hypersensitivity to orotic acid and any of its derivatives;
- Cirrhosis of the liver.
During pregnancy and lactation, as well as in case of renal failure, doctors recommend using the medicine with extra caution, strictly adhering to the dosage. In some cases, the drug is prescribed for pregnant women, in particular, in case of severe swelling.
The drug is usually well tolerated. Though very rarely, side effect are manifested:
- Allergic reactions (might occur when the drug is discontinued or after taking any antihistamine);
- Dyspeptic disorder (the development of gout) is a clinically unproven phenomenon, but people with a tendency to such a pathology better refrain from taking Potassium Orotate®;
- Mild gastrointestinal disturbance (often manifested in the form of nausea and vomiting);
- Hepatic dystrophy (only if taken in large doses and accompanied by a diet with a small amount of animal protein).
There is no officially confirmed information about cases of overdose, but, according to athletes, skin manifestations in the form of itching, rash, as well as hyperkalemia are possible.
As for the positive interaction Potassium Orotate® goes well in combination with magnesium (cardiologists recommend taking such a combined course for cardiac pathologies). It reduces the body's intoxication of cardiac glycosides, increases the effectiveness of calcium and magnesium agents, and accelerates ion tolerance. If desired, Potassium Orotate® is perfectly supplemented by multivitamin complexes that will help increase energy potential and keep the body in good shape.
Potassium Orotate® can NOT be used as a medication for the potassium substitution treatment. Before using Potassium Orotate® for sports purposes, in particular for bodybuilding, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
Intellan® [Herbal Mix]
Intellan® is a powerful brain tonic which contains a natural blend of vital amino acids, trace elements, alkaloids and glycosides. Being natural neurostimulants, the active substances that make up the drug activate neurons, enhance metabolic processes in the brain and improve blood circulation in the vessels. Thus the product improves memory, mild mood depression and dizziness.
Medicinal plants of Intellan® are:
- Ginkgo Biloba
Has a nootropic and powerful antioxidant effect. Improves cerebral circulation and the supply of oxygen and glucose to the brain. Helps reduce hypoxia and normalize metabolic processes in brain cells. These properties of Ginkgo Biloba are especially important for people engaged in intellectual work, as they allow stimulating mental activity, memory and attention. They also contribute to the correction of age-related changes in the functional activities of the brain, accompanied by memory impairment, decreased concentration of attention and intellectual abilities, dizziness, “noise” and “ringing” in the ears.
- Asiatic Pennywort (Centella Asiatica or Gotu Kola)
Has a special place in oriental medicine. It is called “brain food” because its active components (triterpene glycosides, bacosides, and flavonoids) contribute to increased mental performance, concentration, long-term memory function and learning ability, as well as to normalization of the psycho-emotional state in case of increased anxiety and stress.
- Herpestis Monnieria
A rich source of amino acids (including glycine, which is a metabolic regulator that normalizes and activates the processes of protective inhibition in the central nervous system). Glycine helps to reduce psycho emotional tension (during exams, stresses, conflict situations, etc.), fatigue and to improve mood.
- Coriandum Sativum
Has an antispasmodic effect and is a source of macroelements (potassium, magnesium, calcium) and microelements (including selenium which has the ability to bind free radicals).
- Emblica Officinalis (Phyllanthus Officinalis)
Improves functions of the cardiovascular system and acts as a source of vitamin C (antioxidant), vitamins B1 and B2, and nicotinic acid.
- Bengal Cardamom
Helps to increase the overall tone of the body.
Thus, the action of each of the components is multidirectional, and their overall effectiveness is due to the thorough selection of the components through research and strict dosage.
- Deficient memory and forgetfulness;
- Lack of concentration and disorientation;
- Mental stress, strain and fatigue;
- Functional cerebral insufficiency;
- Mild anxiety and depression.
Dosage and Administration
1 capsule twice a day after meals. Please refer to the official description for the detailed information.
Gingko Biloba is the main active ingredient in the composition of the medicine. Analogues of the drug, according to pharmacists, are neurostimulators similar in action, such as Nootrop, Tanakan and other drugs containing Gingko Biloba extract. There are medicines that contain one or another component from the general composition of Intellan®. However an identical composition to the drug (i.e. its analogue) does not exist.
- Ahmad et al (1994) Amino Acid analysis of intellan, a herbal product used in enhancing brain function. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16414752
- Rababah et al (2004) Total phenolics and antioxidant activities of fenugreek, green tea, black tea, grape seed, ginger, rosemary, gotu kola, and ginkgo extracts, vitamin E, and tert-butylhydroquinone. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15291494
- Bhandari et al (2007) A rapid RP-HPTLC densitometry method for simultaneous determination of major flavonoids in important medicinal plants. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17654615
- Hsieh et al (2010) Review on experimental research of herbal medicines with anti-amnesic activity. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20033863
- Baliga , Dsouza. (2011) Amla (Emblica officinalis Gaertn), a wonder berry in the treatment and prevention of cancer. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21317655
- Cravotto et al (2011) A new cyclodextrin-grafted viscose loaded with aescin formulations for a cosmeto-textile approach to chronic venous insufficiency. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21805331
- Howes, Houghton. (2012) Ethnobotanical treatment strategies against Alzheimer's disease. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22329652
- Sarris et al (2013) Plant-based medicines for anxiety disorders, part 2: a review of clinical studies with supporting preclinical evidence. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23653088
- Anser et al (2014) The effects of intellan and cytacon on hematological and biochemical parameter in rabbits: a comparative study. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25176357
- Ong et al (2015) Synthetic and natural inhibitors of phospholipases A2: their importance for understanding and treatment of neurological disorders. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25891385
- Yadav et al (2017) Traditional knowledge to clinical trials: A review on therapeutic actions of Emblica officinalis. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28747010
- Dubey, Chinnathambi (2019) Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri): An ayurvedic herb against the Alzheimer's disease. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31622587
- Keshavarzi et al (2019) Medicinal plants in traumatic brain injury: Neuroprotective mechanisms revisited. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31206893
- Kardani et al (2019) Neurotransmitter, antioxidant and anti-neuroinflammatory mechanistic potentials of herbal medicines in ameliorating autism spectrum disorder. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31721693
- Kardani et al (2019) Neurotransmitter, antioxidant and anti-neuroinflammatory mechanistic potentials of herbal medicines in ameliorating autism spectrum disorder. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31721693
Leveton-P® - is a natural vitamin supplement for increasing strength and endurance, designed for extra-class athletes. A unique product of Parapharm Company, created from natural ingredients with innovative technologies using cryogenic processing. The supplement is made from plants which the company grows itself in ecologically clean areas of the Penza region in Russia.
Leveton-P® was created by a group of Russian scientists directed by Professor Roshen Seifulla the leading sports pharmacologist of the Soviet Union in the early 90's. Dr. Seifulla has several patents and is the head of the Laboratory of experimental and clinical pharmacology and doping control. The supplement development process was based on the principle of combining vitamins and biologically active bee-farming products with tonic medicinal herbs, which would not be effective if taken separately, since their imbalance would not provide the desired effect. The success of the supplement was so great that as soon as in 1998, the Russian Sports Committee began to use Leveton-P® to vitaminize Olympic athletes. For the help in preparing the National Team for the Olympics, Parapharm Company was awarded by President Vladimir Putin.
The secret of the supplement lies in the combination of two unique natural components that have a beneficial effect on the body's systems:
1) Bee pollen pellet. It is a plant’s pollen glued together with salivary secretions of bees. In this "compact" form, insects deliver it to the hive. Pollen pellet has a huge nutritional value for the bee family. It is a complex of proteins, lipids, carbohydrates, enzymes, phytoncides, a number of nutrients, including carotenoids, vitamins, of groups B, D, K, P, amino acids, minerals - calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, iron and many other ones. The bee pollen pellet contains at least 28 elements that stimulate physiological and biochemical processes in the human body. In addition, it works in synergy with other components of the supplement, in particular, with medicinal plants and vitamins C and E, which increases its capabilities.
2) Leuzea carthamoides. Along with bee pollen pellet, Leveton-P ® also contains cryopowder of the popular adaptogen plant Leuzea carthamoides. The first information about the use of Leuzea by the peoples of Siberia dates back to the end of the 19th century. Since then, the fame of the energizing plant with purple flowers has spread across the world. Rhizomes and roots of Leuzea contain unique substances – ecdysteroids - analogues of human testosterone. They are used as a stimulant in disorders of the nervous system, fatigue and loss of strength. It is known that Leuzea сryopowder increases mental and physical performance, and has an anabolic action.
Leveton-P® demonstrates the following effects:
- Tones up the central nervous system, improves the learning process, memory;
- Normalizes the function of the endocrine system (anabolic and catabolic);
- Restores immunity, which is suppressed by training and competitive processes, by epidemics of influenza and ARVI, and by changes in the nutrition stipulated by weight loss programs and diets;
- Promotes an antioxidant effect in the body, preventing toxic effects of free radical oxidation of unsaturated fatty acids, which are activated by exhausting physical activity;
- The supplement is able to prevent hypoxia, which almost always accompanies the intense workout;
- It has an anabolic effect that must be maintained during intensive training to avoid weight loss and protein degradation in athletes with prevailing catabolic processes;
- Improves microcirculation of cerebral vessels and working muscles by improving rheological blood properties;
- Has a positive effect on the erectile function in men and libido in women.
Dosage and Administration
Standard regimen of Leveton-P® administration:
- For active people (not athletes), it is recommended to dissolve 1 tablet sublingually two to three times a day for 20 minutes - half an hour before meals or an hour after it. After a 20-day course, the treatment can be repeated with a break of 15 days;
- For athletes, it is recommended to dissolve 3-4 pills sublingually three times a day for 20 minutes - half an hour before meals or an hour after it, with similar courses - 20 days of administration and 15 days of break.
In different sports and training approaches, variations in the mode of administration and dosing are possible.
Due to the cumulative effect, the action of the supplement reveals itself to the fullest in prolonged regular use.
Contraindications exist; consult the doctor prior to use.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding, child age, individual intolerance (allergy to certain components of the supplement).
- Due to the strong tonic effect, people suffering from increased nervous excitability and sleep disturbances should be attentive to the reactions of their body. In insomnia, canceling the evening intake can solve the problem.
- Also, in case of severe hypertension and severe atherosclerosis, caution must be taken when administering Leveton-P®. Consultation with a doctor is advisable.
Please refer to the official description for the detailed information.
Leveton-P® is not toxic. However, data on the use of excessive doses of the supplement are absent.
The supplement does NOT have the side effects that are common for steroid hormones (impotence, severe changes in the central nervous system). Leveton-P® is a non-toxic, non-medicinal and non-doping product. In a biologically available form it contains the whole complex of microelements, amino acids and vitamins necessary for athletes in the pre-contest and contest season.
- Mosharrof (1987) Effects of extract from Rhapontcum carthamoides (Willd) Iljin (Leuzea) on learning and memory in rats. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3439473
- Gadzhieva et al (1995) A comparative study of the anabolic action of ecdysten, leveton and Prime Plus, prepared of plant origin. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8704590
- Azizov (1997) Effects of eleutherococcus, elton, leuzea, and leveton on the blood coagulation system during training in athletes. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9483409
- Azizov , Seifulla RD, Chubarova AV (1997) Effects of leuzea tincture and leveton on humoral immunity of athletes. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9460599
- Seifulla et al (1998) The effect of the antioxidants elton and leveton on the physical work capacity of athletes. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9575416
- Syrov et al (2004) Experimental and clinical evaluation of the efficacy of ecdysten in the treatment of hepatitis. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15559639
- Arana et al (2004) Healing of diabetic foot ulcers in L-arginine-treated patients. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15589068
- Plotnikov et al (2005) Cerebroprotector activity of Rhaponticum carthamoides extract in rats with brain ischemia. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/ 16193651
- Syrov et al (2008) Effects of phytoecdysteroids and bemithyl on functional, metabolic, and immunobiological parameters of working capacity in experimental animals. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/ 19093371
- Dushkin et al (2014) Effects of rhaponticum carthamoides versus glycyrrhiza glabra and punica granatum extracts on metabolic syndrome signs in rats. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/ 24444255
- Denisow, Denisow-Pietrzyk (2016) Biological and therapeutic properties of bee pollen: a review. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27013064
- Jannesar et al (2017) Bee Pollen Flavonoids as a Therapeutic Agent in Allergic and Immunological Disorders. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28732430
- Wu et al (2017) Ecdysterones from Rhaponticum carthamoides (Willd.) Iljin reduce hippocampal excitotoxic cell loss and upregulate mTOR signaling in rats. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/ 28373010
By the age of 30-40 years old, men may start to have a feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder, urges to urinate become more frequent, both during daytime and at night, while the stream becomes weak and interrupted; the weakening of the sexual function is also observed. The reason behind these signs is an increase in the size of the prostate because dihydrotestosterone affects its tissue receptors. At this very age the level of dihydrotestosterone increases and the level of testosterone decreases in men.
Sabal palm fruits contain substances that prevent the formation of dihydrotestosterone from testosterone, thereby contributing to the normalization of the structural and functional state of the prostate gland. Sabal palm extract is considered to be a natural effective remedy for the prostate health which is known all over the world.
How do ingredients work?
- Sabal palm extract - contains phytosterols that support prostate health and have a soft tonic effect on the genitourinary system;
- Purple echinacea extract - enhances immunity;
- Ginkgo biloba extract - helps to normalize peripheral circulation and to prevent the accumulation of interstitial fluid;
- Zinc - is involved in the synthesis of testosterone and in the function of the genital glands.
ProstaSabal® Evalar contains sabal palm extract in the optimal dosage, as well as herbal extracts that enhance local immunity, improve blood circulation and prevent the accumulation of interstitial fluid. Thanks to its balanced composition, ProstaSabal® contributes to:
- Normalization and maintenance of the prostate function;
- Normalization of urination.
Dosage and Administration
Adults are prescribed 1 capsule per day which should be administered during meals for at least 30 days.
In case of individual hypersensitivity to the components of the dietary supplement, allergic reactions are possible.
Gluten free; GMO free; suitable for Vegetarians; Sugar free.
ProstaSabal® is not classified as a drug. Consult your doctor prior to use.
Krasniy Koren [Hedysarum Neglectum]
Modern life in constant stress and poor environmental conditions has a negative effect on people's health and quality of life. Krasniy Koren for men is able to provide prevention and help in the treatment of many genitourinary diseases, which is very important for a healthy intimate life.
Its active ingredient is Hedysarum neglectum that grows high in the mountains of Altai, near eternal ice-tops. This is a miracle plant for the male power. The most valuable part of the plant is located underground. The root of Hedysarum can reach about five meters in length. It gains its strength for ten years in the unique climate of Altai Mountains and it is not widespread outside these territories. In its homeland, the rare plant is strictly preserved; the collection of its roots is limited. Only a third of the rhizome can be harvested every 10 years.
Since ancient times, people have used this root to restore strength and energy and to treat diseases in both men and women. Some animals also use the medicinal properties of the plant: for example, a bear, waking up after its winter sleep, eats the root in order to restore and recover. Maybe that is why people also call the plant a "bear root".
The Evalar company uses selected raw materials and applies advanced pharmaceutical technologies to produce Krasniy Koren, which embodies centuries-old recipes and preserves its legendary strength. In addition to the root of Hedysarum neglectum, the product also includes a number of substances that in combination exhibit positive effect on the organism. These substances include:
- Vitamin E that strengthens the walls of capillaries, promotes tissue regeneration, supports the normal functioning of muscles, improves endurance and maintains sexual attraction and healthy sex life.
- Zinc that takes part in the production of sex hormones, increases sperm activity, has an antioxidant effect, participates in hematopoiesis, and has a beneficial effect on the hair, nail and skin condition.
Krasniy Koren belongs to the category of biologically active supplements that have a beneficial effect on the human body, eliminating many functional disorders in the early stages. In advanced cases, the product is used as a supplement to optimize the healing process. The effectiveness of Krasniy Koren has been established in the following conditions:
- The supplement has proven its efficiency in the treatment of urethritis (complex therapy), as well as in the prevention and the treatment of cystitis and prostatitis. The supplement relieves inflammation and pain during urination, increases potency;
- Hedysarum has long been known as an excellent medicine for the treatment of headaches, anemia, neurosis, and liaisons of the gastrointestinal tract, colds, fever, chills, and various sexual diseases. It improves the immune system (vitamin deficiency) before a long winter. The plant has an anti-inflammatory effect, especially as part of the complex therapy.
- As for the special properties, the root treats age-related female and male diseases, prolonging the performance of the reproductive system.
The advantages of the phytopreparation include its natural plant base, availability and convenient dosage form.
Krasniy Koren is a natural stimulant that can maintain continuous sexual activity giving men confidence in their sexual abilities. Krasniy Koren is not a medicine and has no side effects if taken properly.
Dosage and Administration
1 tablet 2 times a day during meals for adults. The course duration is 1 month. One package is enough for one course. After 10 days, the course can be repeated.
Contraindications to the supplement include: pathology of the liver and brain; alcoholism, child age; sensitivity to the components of the drug.
- GMO free;
- Suitable for vegetarians.
Women also use Krasniy Koren though according to the official description the supplement is designated for men only.
It maintains the fluid balance in the body and is used to treat cystitis, nephritis, urethritis and pyelonephritis. The supplement helps to relief swelling; it normalizes muscle and tissue tone, acts as a preventive measure against breast cancer, helps in mastopathy, uterine prolapse, uterine bleeding and haemorrhoids. It also improves immunity and can be used in the treatment of herpes, colds, anemia, nervous collapse and epilepsy.