Nooclerin® (DMAE) Instruction
International Non-Proprietary Name (INN): deanol aceglumate
Dosage form: oral solution
In 100 ml of the solution:
Active ingredients: acetylglutaminic acid (N-acetyl-L-glutaminic acid), deanol (2-(dimethylamino)ethanol);
Excipients: methyl parahydroxybenzoate, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, xylitol (xylite), purified water.
20% solution for oral administration with a pink or yellowish tint and a specific smell.
Pharmacological classification: nootropic medicine with psychostimulating activity
ATC code: N06BX
Pharmacological action: nootropic, neuroprotective
Nooclerin® is a nootropic medicine, its chemical structure is close to natural metabolites of the brain (GABA, glutamic acid). It has a neuroprotective effect, improves memory and learning process, has a positive effect in case of asthenic and adynamic disorders, increasing the motor and mental activity of patients. The medicine improves the ability to concentrate. Nooclerin® has a positive influence on neurotic conditions in elderly and senile patients, which were caused by organic brain deficiency and alcohol withdrawal syndrome.
The maximum concentration is reached 0.5–1 hour after a per os intake in the brain and in lesser amounts in the liver, heart, lungs, blood plasma, and in kidneys. The half-life is 24 hours. Excreted by the kidneys.
- cerebrovascular diseases of the brain (dyscirculatory encephalopathy and post-stroke disorders);
- convalescence period after the craniocerebral injury;
- asthenic and astheno-depressive disorders, psycho-organic syndrome;
- cupping (in complex therapy) of alcohol-abstinence syndrome;
- improvement of memory and attention (intellectual-mnestic functions).
Children of 10 years and older
- borderline neuropsychic disorders of asthenic and neurotic nature, including the consequences of craniocerebral injury;
- complex treatment of mental retardation.
- increased individual sensitivity to the medicine;
- infectious diseases of the central nervous system;
- febrile and psychotic state, blood system disorders;
- expressed liver and kidney disorders;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- children under 10 years old.
Dosage and administration
One teaspoon of the solution (5 ml) is equal to 1 g of the active ingredient. Adults take the medicine per os by 1 teaspoon 2-3 times a day; the last intake is no later than 4 hours before sleep. The maximum single dose is 2 g (2 teaspoons), in special cases, the dose may be increased according to the doctor’s prescription (the maximum daily dose is 10 g (10 teaspoons)). The daily dose for children of 10–12 years is 0.5–1.0 g (1/2–1 teaspoon), for children over 12 years – 1-2 g (1-2 teaspoons).
Duration of treatment is 1.5–2 months 2-3 times a year.
Rare: Allergic reactions, headaches, sleep disorders, constipation, weight loss, itching, in some cases – dyspepsia (in elderly patients).
In case of an overdose, the symptoms of side effects are intensified. First aid is pumping the stomach and taking of activated charcoal. If necessary, symptomatic therapy.
Interaction with other drugs
Nooclerin® can potentiate the effect of medicines that stimulate the central nervous system.
Pregnancy and lactation
The medicine is contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and operate mechanisms
Terms of release from pharmacy
Store in a dry, dark place at a temperature of 5–25°C. Keep out of reach of children.
3 years. Do not store more than 1 month after opening. Do not use beyond the expiration date.
PIQ-Pharma, Russia. https://www.piqpharma.com/