Information about Peptides and Bioregulators Category
As you know, proteins are the building material of any living organism. Proteins consist of various amino acids. Peptides are compounds consisting of two or more amino acids linked in a chain. Peptides are very safe products that are used at very small doses and do not exhibit any overdose symptoms. Peptide products generally fall into two categories:
1) Peptide products obtained through the process of purification of different respective organs of cattle. They are essentially a complex of nucleoproteins and low-molecular peptide fractions that are isolated from different organs and tissues of animals: Cerebrolysin, Cortexin, Thymalin, Prostatilen/Vitaprost, Retinalamin, Pineamin and Actovegin.
2) Synthetic peptide products that were chemically synthesized. These products include Semax, Selank, Thymogen, Noopept, Demoxytocin, Deltaran [DSIP], Likopid, Imunnofan and Dalargin. Some of them can only be used untranasally or subcutaneously, while other were shown to achieve a sufficient bioavailability when used orally.
There are also other products such as oral peptides. Unlike the aforementioned products these ones are considered supplements because they have not undergone the 3 stages of clinical trials. The manufacturer, the Saint Petersburg Institute of Bioregulation and Gerontology, calls them bio-regulators and explains that a significant part of the active ingredient gets into the blood stream because of its enteric coating i.e. coating that prevents the peptides dissolution in the gastric environment. They have not been marketed as a stand-alone drugs but rather as a side-effect free supplements used mostly for longevity purposes.
The products in this group fall into three major branches:
1) Cytamins - the components for these products are obtained through the process of purification of different respective organs of cattle and are essentially a complex of various proteins and nucleoproteins. These products are cheaper and can be bought in pharmacies. Manufacturer is a very reputable company Geropharm that also manufacturers the unique peptide medicine that was mentioned before.
2) Cytomaxes - the components for these products are low-molecular peptide fractions that are isolated using a new technology from different organs and tissues of animals. They are the most expensive.
3) Cytogens - are synthetic peptides that have 3 amino acids. They have been developed based on the analysis of polypeptide amino acid chains that were found in different tissues and organs of animals. In other words, these products are essentially synthesised peptides that are responsible for the effect of cytomaxes and other peptides. These products are the ones that have been researched the most by Professor Vladimir Khavinson and his colleagues. There are a number of studies on these products that can be found both in Russian and in English, though the exact reliability of these studies remains unknown.
*** In other words, we cannot vouch for the efficacy of these products because of the fact that there have been no independent serious clinical trials but we have several customers, who have been buying them for more than 2 years.