Bevel-edged pills of flat-cylindrical shape in white or light cream color.
Picamilon dilates blood vessels in brain. It also has a tranquilizing, psychostimulating, antiaggregant and antioxidant effects. The drug improves the functional state of the brain due to the normalization of tissue metabolism and influence on the cerebral circulation (it increases the volume and linear speed of cerebral blood flow, reduces the resistance of cerebral vessels, suppresses platelet aggregation and improves microcirculation).
After a full treatment course Picamilon increases physical and mental efficiency, reduces headache, improves memory, normalizes sleep. It contributes to the reduction or disappearance of anxiety, tension and fear. The drug also improves the condition of patients with motor and speech disorders.
Picamilon is quickly and fully absorbed. It overcomes the blood-brain barrier (BBB) and remains in the body tissues for a long time. Bioavailability of the drug is from 50 to 88%. Basically the drug is excreted unchanged by kidneys. The half-life (T½) of Picamilon is 0.5 h.
- Cerebrovascular insufficiency, asthenia, depressive disorders in
- Conditions, accompanied by anxiety, fear, increased irritability, emotional lability. Asthenic conditions caused by various neuropsychic diseases.
- As a part of comprehensive treatment of patients with acute alcohol intoxication and chronic alcoholism (to reduce asthenic, asthenoneurotic, postpsychotic, pre-recurrent conditions, as well as alcoholic encephalopathy).
- In complex therapy of patients with migraine (treatment and prevention), TBI (traumatic brain injury) and neuroinfection.
- Enhancement of physical and mental endurance (for people under tense and extreme activity conditions), restoration of the physical performance in athletes, improving resistance to physical and mental stress.
- Open-angle glaucoma (for the visual function stabilization).
- In urological practice (in children older than 3 years and in adults with urination disorders) to improve the adaptive function of the bladder (reduces detrusor hypoxia).
Chronic and acute kidney diseases, hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, age below 3 years, pregnancy and lactation.
Dosage and administration
Pills should be taken orally regardless of meal.
Cerebrovascular diseases: 20-50 mg 2-3 times a day (daily dose is 60-150 mg). Duration of the treatment course is 1-2 months. It is recommended to take second course in 5-6 months.
Late life depression: 40-200 mg (optimally 60-120 mg) per day divided into 2-3 administrations for 1.5-3 months.
Anti-asthenic and anxiolytic action: 40-80 mg per day, divided into 2-3 administrations. If necessary, increase the dosage up to 200-300 mg per day. Duration of the treatment course is 1-1.5 months.
Alcoholism during the abstinence period: 100-150 mg per day (divided into 2-3 administrations) for 6-7 days; with more persistent violations beyond the abstinence the daily dosage can be increased up to 40-60 mg and the course can be extended up to 4-5 weeks.
Efficiency restoration and with excessive mental of physical exertion: 60-80 mg per day divided into 2-3 administrations for 1-1.5 months.
For athletes: 60-80 mg per day divided into 2-3 administrations for 2 weeks of the training period.
Nausea, headache, dizziness, irritability, agitation, anxiety and allergic reactions (rash, itching). In case of side effects decrease the dosage. If it does not help, discontinue the treatment.
Overdose can lead to increased side effects. In such cases symptomatic treatment is recommended.
Interaction with other drugs
Picamilon shortens the action of barbiturates and increases the effect of narcotic analgesics.
It is forbidden to drink alcohol-containing drinks during the course of treatment.
Pregnancy and lactation:
The use of Picamilon is contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation. If you need to take the drug during lactation, breastfeeding should be discontinued.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and operate mechanisms:
During the course of Picamilon treatment it is recommended to avoid carrying out potentially dangerous jobs that require increased concentration of attention and quick psychomotor reactions, as well as driving vehicles.
Terms of release from pharmacy: on prescription.
Storage conditions: store in a dry dark place at temperatures no higher than 25°C. Keep out of reach of children.
Shelf life: 3 years. Do not use beyond the expiration date printed on the package.
Country of manufacture: Russia