US Domestic shipping is available for this product! Choose Ships from: US size option to get it in 3-7 days to any US address. Dont forget to choose US Domestic Shipping when checking out.
Many decades ago shepherds in Switzerland noticed that young calves are able to heal their injuries and regenerate their tissue much faster than older calves. However, it was only in 1957, when Swiss scientists obtained a highly purified extract from blood of young calves and developed the drug.
Actovegin enhances aerobic oxidation, absorption of glucose and oxygen uptake in tissue. For this reason Actovegin has been used by athletes who wanted to speed up the recovery process and enhance physical performance and stamina. It is also a great drug to treat various sport injuries.
From a medical viewpoint, Actovegin has the following treatment applications::
- Malfunction of the blood circulation and trophic disturbances in the brain;
- Impairment of peripheral blood circulation and associated diseases;
- Dermal transplants and acute and chronic wounds.
The drug is a combination of various physiologically active ingredients:
- Amino acids, e.g. ornithine, leucine, alanine, glutamate, proline, glycine, taurine, etc;
- Nucleosides, e.g. adenosine, uridine;
- Electrolytes, e.g. Na, Cl, K, Mg, Ca, F, Fe;
- Microelements, e.g. Cu, Si, Se, Zn.
The organic compounds account for 30% of the extract.
As a starting material the blood of young calves less than 3 months is used. The extract is obtained by ultrafiltration method, which insures that there are no prion.
As of 2015, Actovegin has been approved in 17 countries including Russia, China, South Korea, Latvia and some others.
Country of Manufacture: Norway
This product has not been approved by the US FDA. All statements on this page are for informational purposes only and have not been evaluated by the US FDA.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.