Elcar is a drug intended to stabilize the body’s metabolic processes and improve tissue energy supply.
Its active ingredient, levocarnitine, is equal to natural L-carnitine, a quaternary ammonium compound involved in metabolism in most mammals, plants and some bacteria. It is used in transporting fatty acids across the mitochondrial membrane to the cytoplasm of target cells such as the heart, skeletal muscle, and other tissue cells, where they are used for fuel. Some research has been successfully carried out on carnitine supplementation in athletes, patients with various cardiometabolic conditions, male infertility, cardiac ischemia, atherosclerosis, etc.
L-Carnitine is an indispensable component of nutrition allowing optimal development of the human body. L-carnitine is an amino acid that delivers fat to the muscles, where it is burned to produce energy. L-carnitine plays a huge role in the metabolism of fats. As a result, it helps to increase endurance during training and the provision of oxygen to cells. L-carnitine enhances protein synthesis and fatty acid transport to mitochondria, where they burn to synthesize energy. L-carnitine is especially often used in sports, as well as during diets.
L-carnitine is an amino acid, vitamin-like substance, in its characteristics, close to the vitamins of group B. Acetyl-L-carnitine is absolutely necessary for the normal supply of the body with its own energy and for the metabolism of fats, and, therefore, for all life processes.
L-carnitine also increases the nervous tissue resistance to damaging factors (including hypoxia, trauma, intoxication), inhibits anaerobic glycolysis and the formation of keto acids and helps fight lactic acidosis.
Elcar restores alkaline reserve and cerebral autoregulation, regulates the blood supply in the affected area and accelerates reparative processes. It improves protein and fat metabolism, increases the secretion and activity of digestive enzymes, improves the absorption of food and reduces excess body weight and muscle fat content. The drug increases body resistance and helps save muscle glycogen during physical exercise.
Elcar has an anabolic and lipolytic effect.
As part of complex therapy in case of:
- intense physical exertion and psycho-emotional stress (in order to improve performance);
- chronic fatigue;
- rehabilitation after illness, injury or operation, including tissue regeneration;
- chronic gastritis with decreased gastric secretory functions or chronic pancreatitis with pancreatic exocrine insufficiency;
- skin diseases (psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis, focal scleroderma or discoid lupus erythematosus);
- mild forms of hyperthyroidism;
- brain lesions of vascular, toxic and traumatic origin;
- anorexia nervosa;
- diseases related to carnitine deficiency (including myopathies, cardiomyopathies, mitochondrial diseases and hereditary diseases related to mitochondrial dysfunction).
Treatment of infants with:
- birth injury or asphyxiation;
- sucking problems, poor weight gain, low muscle tone and problems with motor and mental development;
- stunting and underweight (in children and adolescents under 16 years of age).
In sports medicine and during intense exercise in order to:
- enhance speed, power and coordination;
- increase muscle mass and reduce body fat mass;
- prevent overtraining syndrome and stimulate recovery after intense exercise;
- stimulate muscle regeneration after injuries.