While COVID-19 prevention measures are in effect, we do not sell Grippferon. Since shipping takes over a month, there is a significant chance that Grippferon will go bad in transit. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Grippferon is a drug based on a highly active recombinant (artificially produced) interferon alfa 2b; it has immunomodulating, anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties.
The effects of interferon alfa 2b:
- Antiviral effect lies in activation of protective mechanisms of virus-free cells that prevent the virus entry and assembly of virions.
- Immunomodulating effect. Interferon alfa 2b activates macrophages, T cells and NK cells (Natural-killer cells), increases phagocytosis and antigen processing and presentation mediated by major histocompatibility complex (MHC) and stimulates proliferation and differentiation of bone marrow cells, therefore enhancing the mechanism of antiviral protection.
- Anti-inflammatory effect, which is due to the immune system reactions boosted by interferon alfa 2b.
- In contrast to other drugs containing interferon, Grippferon prevents the viruses’ reproduction in the nasal mucosa – exactly where the viruses enter the body. It can help with viral infections.
Prevention and treatment of influenza and acute respiratory viral infection (ARVI) in children and adults.
- after contact with a patient and/or cold exposure use 1 dose in accordance with the age prescriptions above 2 times a day;
- in order to prevent seasonal sickness and stimulate the immune system use 1 dose in accordance with the age prescriptions above in the morning every 1 or 2 days.
- If necessary, prophylactic administration can be repeated.
The drug is also prescribed to children from 1 year of age.