Limontar is a combination drug which stabilizes tissue metabolism. It has antihypoxic and antioxidant properties, improves appetite and reduces the toxic effect of ethanol.
It enhances the oxidation-reduction processes and the production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), and thus it:
- activates functions of organs and tissues,
- improves mental and physical performance,
- enhances pregnancy outcome, fetal growth and development, and
- stabilizes secretion of the gastric acid, production of hydrochloric acid.
Its main ingredients are citric and succinic acid. Succinic acid is a dicarboxylic acid which has been shown to stimulate neural system recovery and bolster the immune system. Succinate supplements help reduce the effects of hangovers by activating the degradation of acetaldehyde – a toxic byproduct of alcohol metabolism – into CO2 and H2O through aerobic metabolism.
Citric acid is involved in energy metabolism and Krebs cycle. It facilitates minerals absorption, prevents kidney stone formation and has many other uses in healthcare, food and chemical industries.
The effect of Limontar is manifests within 10-20 min after the intake.
Citric and succinic acid are completely metabolized into water and carbon dioxide and do not accumulate in the body.
- enhancement of body reactivity during pregnancy;
- prevention of hypoxia complications during pregnancy;
- prevention of alcohol intoxication;
- treatment of acute alcohol intoxication;
- treatment of astheno-vegetative syndrome followed by asthenia, lowered performance and poor appetite;
- as part of test of gastric acid secretion.