Phosphogliv® Forte is a combined drug that exhibits membrane-stabilizing, antiviral and hepatoprotective effects. The therapeutic effects of Phosphogliv® Forte are stipulated by two active substances that make up its composition:
- Phospholipids (the main substance is phosphatidylcholine). Phosphatidylcholine is an essential structural component of the membranes of any cell. This active substance of the drug is found in large quantities in the liver, blood and nerve tissue. It restores the structure and function of cells upon damage, and has a cytoprotective effect. The hepatoprotective activity of Phosphogliv® Forte is based on the replenishment of damaged membrane of liver cells by phospholipids. Thus, regeneration and improvement of an organ function occurs. Phosphatidylcholine normalizes protein and lipid metabolism, restores the detoxifying activity of the liver, and prevents the loss of enzymes by hepatocytes.
- Glycyrrhizic acid. Has an anti-inflammatory effect, it inhibits the reproduction of viruses in the liver and other organs by stimulating the production of interferons; it increases phagocytosis, and the activity of natural killer-cells. It demonstrates hepatoprotective properties due to antioxidant and membrane-stabilizing effects. It is an antioxidant effective in manifestations of allergies in non-infectious lesions. In skin lesions, it is known to prevent the increase in the area of damage and it helps to cure the pathology by stabilizing the cell membranes and by inhibiting the inflammatory process.
Therapeutic effect of Phosphogliv® Forte:
- Inhibition of the processes of fibrosis and cirrhosis in the liver;
- Increased solubility of cholesterol in bile, making it more easily excreted from the body;
- Useful anti-atherosclerotic effect due to cholesterol normalization;
- Participation in the digestion of fats and the absorption of their vitamins;
- Decrease of platelet viscosity, which improves blood flow in the blood vessels.
The drug is recommended in case there is a feeling of pressure in the upper right abdomen because of the liver damage, which can be caused by the following factors:
- Improper nutrition (fatty liver degeneration);
- Alcoholic- or toxic-induced injury;
- As part of the complex therapy in viral hepatitis, cirrhosis, psoriasis.