Cytoflavin® is a metabolic drug. Its pharmacological effects are stipulated by the complex effect of the components that make up the drug: succinic acid, inosine, nicotinamide and riboflavin.
Succinic acid. The name derives from Latin succinum, meaning amber. Amber was used for treatment in ancient Egypt and in antiquity. However, in those times the healing properties of minerals were closely interlinked with mystical perceptions. It was only in the 1500s that the succinic acid was discovered as a separate functional substance. Georgius Agricola the German researcher managed to isolate from amber a substance called flos succinic, i.e. “amber flower” (subsequently “succinic acid”). Succinic acid is used in medication as an active substance, improving tissue metabolism and energy supply and reducing tissue hypoxia.
Ionzine is a metabolic agent, a precursor of ATP; it has antihypoxic, metabolic and antiarrhythmic effects. It increases the energy balance of the myocardium, improves the coronary circulation, prevents sequela of intraoperative renal ischemia.
Nicotinamide belongs to a rare group of vitamins. It was first surfaced in 1867. However, only at the beginning of the 20th century its significance for the organism was established. Nicotinamide treats vitamin deficiencies, has an anti-pellagric effect and participates in redox biochemical processes in cells. It does not cause unpleasant skin side effects.
Riboflavin. The discovery of the vitamin occurred in the early XX century. After the discovery of the complex of vitamins of group B, scientists noticed that some vitamins of this group were rapidly destroyed under high temperatures, while others completely retained their properties and continued to work actively in the body. Thanks to this, scientists separated vitamin B2 (riboflavin), which turned to be able to withstand high temperatures, while maintaining its molecular structure. It is used to prevent and treat vitamin B2 deficiency, to treat skin diseases, sluggish wounds, eye diseases, gastrointestinal tract dysfunction, diabetes, anemia, and cirrhosis.
- Cytoflavin® possesses anti-hypoxic activity, stimulating energy production in the cells; it reduces free radical generation, and restores antioxidant enzyme activities.
- The medicine is known to improve cerebral blood flow, activate metabolic processes in the central nervous system, and have a positive effect on bioelectrical activity of the brain.
- Cytoflavin® has beneficial effect on patient’s neurologic status by reducing manifestations of asthenia, headache, vestibulocerebellar and cochlear-vestibular syndromes. It demonstrates the ability to eliminate the distress in emotional and volitive sphere of the patient by reducing anxiety and depression; it tends to improve intellectual and mental function and quality of patient’s life. The drug has a quick awakening effect in post-anesthetic depression of consciousness.
- When using Cytoflavin® in the first 12 hours after the onset of a stroke, a favorable course of ischemic and necrotic processes in the affected area (reduction of the decease focus) as well as restoration of neurological status and a decrease in the level of disability in the long-term period are observed.
The high content of useful active ingredients makes Cytoflavin® an effective drug in the treatment of the following diseases:
- Neurasthenia (irritability, fatigue, loss of ability to perform mental and physical work);
- Consequences of myocardial infarction;
- Hypertensive encephalopathy;
- Chronic cerebrovascular disease.