Dosage and Administration
Derinat® is available in two main dosage forms: a solution for intramuscular administration and a nose spray. For the full information on the administration please refer to the official description.
The drug has no serious side effects. This is confirmed by the fact that it is approved for use in pediatric practice. Some patients, however, complain of fever (up to +38-39°C, i.e. +100.4-102.2°F) during the drug course. In this case, it is recommended to take antipyretic or antihistamines and anti-inflammatory drugs (analgin, diphenhydramine). In addition, Derinat® may cause a decrease in blood glucose concentration. This should be noted by patients who take hypoglycemic drugs.
Derinat® is not recommended for women during pregnancy. If a patient needs to take the drug while breastfeeding, a consultation with a doctor is required. Individual intolerance to the drug (active substance or its excipients) is also a contraindication.
The drug has several structural analogues with a similar therapeutic effect: Desoxynatum (solution for injections) and Panagen (pulvis).
Derinat® is a native DNA-containing physiologically active drug with immunomodulating and immunostimulating properties. Derinat® has a high reparative and regenerative ability, anti-inflammatory and detoxifying effects, as well as antioxidant and membrane-stabilizing properties, which allows the use of the drug in the complex and monotherapy. Derinat® has a significant corrective effect in case of burn disease, a beneficial effect on the state of the cardiovascular system, and it helps to restore bone tissue in case of fractures and osteomyelitis.
The active substance of Derinat® - sodium deoxyribonucleate - is a biologically active substance that is obtained from specific cells of fish of the sturgeon class. This substance has a stimulating effect on immune cells (leukocytes and lymphocytes) that help the body fight infections like viruses and bacteria. In particular, sodium deoxyribonucleate stimulates the activity of such types of lymphocytes as B-lymphocytes, T-helper cells and NK cells. This means that the human immune system releases antibodies more actively allowing the organism to fight foreign proteins - antigens. In addition, the activity of the immune system cells that kill and absorb foreign infectious agents increases.
Derinat® is used for a wide range of diseases:
1) Derinat® spray is primarily used to treat inflammatory and infectious processes in the upper respiratory tract - rhinitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, maxillitis, and sinusitis; in the oral cavity - gingivitis, stomatitis, glossitis; viral respiratory diseases - influenza, ARVI. A special property of Derinat® spray is the ability to heal mucosal damage caused by the destructive activity of viruses. This reparative action enhances the protective properties of mucosa.
2) Derinat® injections are used in the following areas:
- Gynecology: Derinat® enhances the effect of the complex therapy in case of pelvic inflammatory disease (PID); it provides rapid epithelization of erosive processes and is effective before and after various surgical manipulations on the cervix.
- Urology: positive results are observed when Derinat® is included in the scheme of the complex treatment of infectious and inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system: chronic prostatitis, chronic cystitis, pyelonephritis. Derinat® helps increase the effectiveness of antibiotic therapy, reducing the frequency and severity of relapses.
- General therapy: the wide parenteral use of Derinat® in the complex therapy of bronchopulmonary diseases is determined by its immuno corrective, cytoprotective and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Phthisiology: the inclusion of Derinat® in the complex therapy of tuberculosis not only shortens the treatment period and prevents the development of complications, but also leads to the healing of inflammatory area with less residual changes.
- Gastroenterology: due to a pronounced reparative action, Derinat® is effective in the treatment of patients with gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer.
- Surgery: Derinat® reduces the time of wound cleansing, prevents purulent-septic complications, and also stipulates the rapid healing of a wound defect.
- Oncology: the use of Derinat® in the complex therapy of oncological diseases significantly reduces the sensitivity of cells to the damaging effects of chemo- and radiation therapy, which is manifested in a decrease of cardio- and myelotoxicity, in overcoming resistance and increasing the therapeutic effect of repeated courses of treatment. The drug is an effective tool for the prevention of hypoplastic states of the hematopoietic system in cancer patients in intensive cytostatic therapy.
- Cardiology: in clinical studies, the cardioprotective and anti-ischemic effects of Derinat® were confirmed in various cardiological pathologies.