Only original pharmaceutical products that passed 3 stages of clinical trials.
Our products are produced on GMP or state licensed factories.
10% CRYPTO DISCOUNT
10% discount for paying in BTC or other cryptocurrency.
PAYMENT BY CARD
Convenient Payment by Visa or MasterCard.
Guaranteed delivery times and clear Reshipment & Refund Rules.
Different shipping methods and same or next day shipping.
WHAT IS METFORMIN?
Metformin is the main first-line medication for the treatment of type 2 diabetes, particularly in people who are overweight. However, there are other off-label biohacking benefits to it. Namely, some studies show that Metformin can delay aging.
The American Federation for Aging Research has launched the Targeting Aging with Metformin (TAME) trial to conduct nationwide studies in humans over 60 y.o. It is designed to research if Metformin can slow the onset of such ailments as cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer’s and heart disease.
|Metformin generic name:||Metformin, Metformin HCL, Glucophage, Metaformin, N,N-dimethylbiguanide, etc.|
|Active substance:||Metformin hydrochloride – 500mg|
|Excipients:||Hypromellose – 374.80 mg; povidone-K25 – 16.20 mg; magnesium stearate – 4.50 mg; colloidal silicon dioxide – 4.50 mg|
|Metformin drug class:||Oral hypoglycemic agent of biguanides group|
|Shelf life:||3 years. Do not use beyond the expiration date printed on the package.|
|Storage:||Store in a dark, dry place at room temperatures below 25C(77F). Keep away from children.|
HOW DOES METFORMIN WORK IN THE BODY?
The main effect of Metformin can be defined as antihyperglycemic. In addition, metformin increases the sensitivity of peripheral tissues to insulin.
The drug has a weak anorexigenic effect due to direct contact with the mucosa of the gastrointestinal tract. Reduction of appetite leads to a decrease in glucose intake with food, gradual weight loss, and eventually to a decrease in insulin resistance.
Metformin also slows the rate of absorption of carbohydrates in the intestine, which leads to a decrease in postprandial glycemia.
WHAT ARE METFORMIN BENEFITS FOR HEALTH?
Metformin medication has the following advantages:
- Good glycemic reduction (-1.5% HbA1c);
- Good tolerability;
- Absence of hypoglycemia during monotherapy;
- Despite the fact that it affects vitamin B12 absorption, long-term therapy with Metformin leads to virtually no anemia;
- Metformin in women can be of use in case of polycystic ovarian syndrome;
- Metformin is void of weight-gain effect. On the contrary, it can even lead to weight loss;
- UKPDS data confirms its ability to reduce cardiovascular disorders in type 2 DM;
- Metformin shows high safety in terms of lactate acidosis risk.
WHERE TO BUY METFORMIN ONLINE?
Metformin is an FDA-approved drug. However, you cannot buy Metformin otc because it is a prescription medication in the USA and other countries. Still, you can order Metformin online at CosmicNootropic.
We offer worldwide shipping! Always be sure to do your research before purchasing any nootropic supplement to ensure you are getting a quality product.
WHAT IS METFORMIN DOSAGE?
The conventional dosage of Metformin for anti-age purposes is 250 mg to 850 mg twice a day with meals, i.e. 1-3.5 tablets/day preferably in the evening.
If you want to use Metformin for the treatment of diabetes mellitus please refer to the official drug sheet and your attending doctor for dosage recommendations.
IS METFORMIN SAFE TO USE?
Metformin is considered to be a safe medication if used according to the official instructions with all precautions.
WHAT ARE METFORMIN SIDE EFFECTS?
Metformin is generally well tolerated, with no serious side effects. The main adverse reactions are of gastrointestinal nature. They are observed in 20-30% of patients. The frequency of side effects has a dose-dependent character and is more common in the range from 1000 to 2000 mg of the drug per day.
WHAT ARE METFORMIN CONTRAINDICATIONS?
- renal and hepatic insufficiency.
- chronic pulmonary dysfunction;
- acute myocardial infarction;
- heart failure;
- acute infections, injuries, operations under general anesthesia;
- pregnancy, lactation, age below 18 y.o., etc.
METFORMIN STUDIES WITH LINKS:
- Effect of intensive blood-glucose control with metformin on complications in overweight patients with type 2 diabetes (UKPDS 34). UK Prospective Diabetes Study (UKPDS) Group (1998). https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9742977/
- LK Sokolova (2011). Metformin: Questions and Answers. https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/metformin-voprosy-i-otvety/viewer
- M Foretz et al (2014). Metformin: from mechanisms of action to therapies. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25456737/
- JM Campbell et al (2017). Metformin reduces all-cause mortality and diseases of aging independent of its effect on diabetes control: A systematic review and meta-analysis. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28802803/
- A Yerevanian, A Soukas (2019). Metformin: Mechanisms in Human Obesity and Weight Loss. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30874963/
- Ziquan Lv, Yajie Guo (2020). Metformin and Its Benefits for Various Diseases. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32425881/
- AS Kulkarni et al (2020). Benefits of Metformin in Attenuating the Hallmarks of Aging. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32333835/
- MD Hollenberg et al (2021). A Critical Review of the Evidence That Metformin Is a Putative Anti-Aging Drug That Enhances Healthspan and Extends Lifespan. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34421827/
- CR Triggle et al (2022). Metformin: Is it a drug for all reasons and diseases? https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35640743/
Based on Reviews
You will now receive regular updates from us!