MEXIDOL ® (Emoxypine)
Buy Mexidol with 3–7 day fast domestic delivery within the US ($5) – just choose “Ships from: US (+15%)”
Mexidol is a unique development of the Russian pharmaceutical industry. Due to the universal mechanism of action and a wide range of pharmacological effects, Mexidol is effective in the treatment of acute and chronic diseases caused by ischemia and hypoxia of various origins. Nowadays the drug is widely used in neurology, therapy, cardiology, psychiatry, and narcology. Mexidol is produced at leading pharmaceutical manufacturing sites in the Russian Federation, which operate in accordance with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) production and quality control standards.
The development of Mexidol is closely associated with the name of the Soviet chemist N.N. Semenov, who was awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry for his piece of research on free radicals in 1956. Understanding the mechanisms of the free radical formation became the basis for creating the concept of combating tissue ischemia and for developing drugs with antioxidant and antihypoxic activity. The work on Mexidol was continued by the students of N.N. Semenov in the 1980s. The drug has been in clinical practice since the middle 1990s.
The presence of succinate in the structure of Mexidol is of fundamental importance for the manifestation of its pharmacological effects since succinate is functionally significant for many processes in the body. In particular, it is a substrate for increasing the energy metabolism in the cell. Due to its properties, free radicals, which have a damaging effect on the cellular structures, are deactivated.
Mexidol is known to treat the followings diseases:
- Neurological problems: vegetovascular dystonia, acute cerebral circulation disorders, cognitive problems associated with cerebral arteriosclerosis (impaired memory, speech, loss of basic skills, etc.);
- In psychiatry: withdrawal syndrome (alcohol or drug withdrawal), anxiety, neurosis, intoxication with drugs from the group of antipsychotics;
- In surgery: for the complex treatment of acute purulent-inflammatory processes in the peritoneum.
- 2003 – Award of the Government of the Russian Federation for the development and implementation of Mexidol in clinical practice;
- 2014 – Russian Pharma Awards in the nomination “The Drug of Choice in the Treatment of Ischemic Disorders Caused by Cerebral Spasm”;
- 2016 – “Molecule of Life” award of the Russian Scientific Medical Community of Therapists.
Produced by Pharmasoft, Russia.
In our store, you can also find a close analog of Mexidol – Ethoxidol. Be sure to check it out, as it is more effective than Mexidol in some cases!
This product has not been approved by the US FDA. All statements on this page are for informational purposes only and have not been evaluated by the US FDA.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. See more
Dosage and administration
The drug is taken orally, 1-2 pills 3 times a day, the maximum daily dose is 6 pills. The general period of therapy is 2–6 weeks. The duration of the therapy for the alcohol abstinence treatment is 5–7 days. The duration of treatment in case of ischemic heart disease is 1.5–2 months or more.
Hypersensitivity, acute kidney and liver diseases. Pregnancy and lactation.
Side effects & Overdose
Allergic reactions are possible. The patient may feel drowsiness in case of an overdose. Hence special caution must be taken when driving vehicles and engaging in other potentially dangerous activities.
- Ivanov et al (2002) Effectiveness of mexidol in acute pancreatitis https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12416225
- Garazha et al (2006) Efficacy of the use of antioxidant preparation mexidol in comprehensive treatment of inflammatory diseases of parodontium https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17310943
- Voronina et al (2007) Mexidol effects in extreme conditions (experiments with animals) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18672520
- Volchegorskii et al (2008) Effect of alpha-lipoic acid and mexidol on neuro- and the affective status in patients at early stages of diabetic foot syndrome https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19069461
- L Abramenko et al (2011) The assessment of the clinical efficacy, vasoactive and metabolic effects of mexidol in elderly patients with discirculatory encephalopathy https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22611676
- Volchegorkii et al (2011) Comparative study of alpha-lipoic acid and mexidol effects on affective status, cognitive functions and quality of life in diabetes mellitus patients https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22288155
- Tsublova et al (2012) Studies on actoprotective and antihypoxic properties of new succinate-containing benzothiazole derivatives https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23074949
- Motin et al (2012) Electrophysiological study of the mechanism of mexidol action https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22442954
- Shchul’kin et al (2014) A comparative study of mexidol and mexiprim pharmacokinetic parameters https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25591654
- Androfagina et al (2015) Mexidol in the rehabilitation of patients in the acute ischemic stroke https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26978645
- V Sergin, T Dronova (2015) The use of mexidol in the intensive treatment of acute severe ischemic stroke https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26121002
- Chukanova et al (2015) The results of the study of the efficacy and safety of mexidol in patients with chronic cerebral ischemia https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26081329
- Berezhnaya et al (2016) The efficacy of combination therapy with mexidol and cerebrolysin in chronic cerebral ischemia https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27240176
- Povarnina et al (2017) Comparison of the Pharmacological Effects of Dimeric Dipeptide Nerve Growth Factor Mimetic GK-2 and Mexidol on the Model of Ischemic Stroke in Rats https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29181667
- Stakhovskaya et al (2017) Results of a randomized double blind multicenter placebo-controlled, in parallel groups trial of the efficacy and safety of prolonged sequential therapy with mexidol in the acute and early recovery stages of hemispheric ischemic stroke (EPICA) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28665371
- Volchegorskii et al (2017) Anxiolytic and antidepressant effects of emoxipine, reamberin and mexidol in experimental diabetes mellitus https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28638031
- Gromova et al (2017) A study of the neuroprotective effect of mexidol on the cell model of glutamate stress https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29376987
- N Kulai, E Kovalchuk (2018) Assessment of the efficacy of mexidol in the combination with hyperbaric oxygen in acute ischemic stroke https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29798984
- Zamoshchina et al (2018) Effect of mexidol on physical working capacity and level of lactate in the blood of rats in conditions of light deprivation https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30585610
- Gromova et al (2018) Experience with mexidol in neurological practice https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30499505
- Yakusheva et al (2018) An effect of mexidol on the expression of the transcription factor Nrf2 in the rat cerebral cortex in ischemia https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29927406
- Godunova et al (2018) An influence of submaximal (submineximal) doses of mexidol on oxidant stress and inflammation in the acute period of ischemic stroke https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29560937
- E Dyakonova, V Makerova (2018) Mono- and combination therapy with the mexidol in young patients with cerebral angiodystonia https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30251978
- E Polozova (2018) Preventive therapy with mexidol in toxic damage to the heart https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29697688
$19.00 – $21.00
Magne B6® (Magnesium + Vitamin B6) is a drug intended to restore the amount of magnesium in the body. Normal levels of magnesium are important for the maintenance of heart and nervous system function. Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) improves magnesium absorption from the digestive system into the body’s cells. Fast US domestic shipping is available.
Intellan® is a powerful brain tonic which contains a natural blend of vital amino acids, trace elements, alkaloids and glycosides. Being natural neurostimulants, the active substances that make up the drug activate neurons, enhance metabolic processes in the brain and improve blood circulation in the vessels. Try Intellan if you want to improve memory, treat mild mood depression, and dizziness.
BBS Сosmetic Placental Peptide Extract is a biologically active polypeptide complex with cosmetic properties. It contains hyaluronic acid, which binds and holds free fluid, and together with linoleic acid and other biologically active substances, which are components of the product, prevents its loss. Regular use of this cosmetic product makes the skin resilient and supple.
Aralia is a well-known gentle adaptogenic tonic herb popular for its wide range of pharmacological properties. Aralia tincture contains a variety of beneficial oils and acids, as well as vitamins B1, B2. It is used to treat physical and mental fatigue, asthenic syndrome, arterial hypotension, decreased sex drive, depression, enuresis, radiation sickness and metabolic disorders. Aralia can also help to recover from craniocerebral injury, contusion, meningitis, post-infectious arachnoiditis and ARVI (in the complex therapy).