Only original pharmaceutical products that passed 3 stages of clinical trials.
Our products are produced on GMP or state licensed factories.
10% CRYPTO DISCOUNT
10% discount for paying in BTC or other cryptocurrency.
PAYMENT BY CARD
Convenient Payment by Visa or MasterCard.
Guaranteed delivery times and clear Reshipment & Refund Rules.
Different shipping methods and same or next day shipping.
NICERGOLINE (Sermion ®)
Buy Nicergoline (Sermion®) Online!
Nicergoline (Sermion®) is an ergot derivative that can decrease vascular resistance and increase arterial blood flow within the brain and the consumption of oxygen and glucose by brain tissues. The substance is said to improve blood flow speed without affecting blood pressure. It can be used to treat senile dementia and other disorders of a vascular origin.
Fast US delivery 📦 Save with the volume discount 📦
|Other names||[(8β)-10-Methoxy-1,6-dimethylergolin-8-yl]methyl 5-bromopyridine-3-carboxylate|
|Form:||50 pills of 10mg|
|Form description:||Round, convex tablets, coated with an orange shell.|
|Active ingredient:||Nicergoline – 10 mg|
|Excipients:||Calcium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate, MCC, magnesium stearate, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose.|
|Pharmacological action:||α-adrenoblocker (corrector of cerebrovascular disorders)|
|Shelf life:||3 years. Do not use it beyond the expiration date printed on the package.|
|Storage conditions:||Store in a dry dark place at temperatures no higher than 30°C (86°F). Keep out of reach of children.|
|Terms of release:||Over-the-counter|
|Manufacturer:||Pfizer, USA / Italy https://www.pfizer.com/|
What is Nicergoline?
Nicergoline (Sermion) is an ergot derivative used primarily to treat senile dementia and other disorders which are known to have a vascular origin. It is known to decrease vascular resistance and increase arterial blood flow within the brain, thus improving the utilization of oxygen and glucose uptake by brain cells.
What is the Mechanism of Action of Nicergoline?
The drug can improve cerebral and peripheral blood circulation. And it activates metabolism.
Nicergoline reduces vascular resistance, increases arterial blood flow and the consumption of oxygen and glucose by brain tissues. It lowers pulmonary vascular resistance. The drug reduces platelet aggregation and improves hemorheological parameters. It increases blood flow speed in the vessels.
At the same time it does not affect blood pressure. In patients with arterial hypertension, the drug can cause a gradual decrease in blood pressure.
What is Nicergoline Used For?
- Cerebral atherosclerosis;
- Thrombosis and embolism of cerebral vessels;
- Transient cerebrovascular disorders of the ischemic type;
- Obliterating endarteritis;
- Raynaud syndrome;
- Hypertensive crisis (parenteral administration of the drug as an adjuvant);
- Arterial hypertension (as part of combination therapy).
Where Can I Order Nicergoline Online?
You can buy Nicergoline (Sermion) online at different vendors. CosmicNootropic offers Sermion in packs of 50x10mg pills. We offer fast US delivery and worldwide shipping with volume discounts! Always be sure to do your research before purchasing any nootropic supplement to ensure you are getting a quality product.
You can order Sermion and get it delivered to the USA, Europe, the UK, Asia, and many other regions and countries via CosmicNootropic.
Check the other products from the Nootropics & Brain Health category!
This product has not been approved by the US FDA. All statements on this page are for informational purposes only and have not been evaluated by the US FDA.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. See more
What is Nicergoline Dosage?
The drug is administered orally.
- In case of chronic cerebral circulatory disorders, vascular cognitive impairment or post-stroke states, the recommended dose is 10mg 3 times a day. The therapeutic effect of the drug is developing gradually and the course duration shall be at least 3 months.
- For treating vascular dementia, the recommended dose is 30mg 2 times a day. It is recommended to consult the doctor every 6 months on therapy continuation.
- For treating peripheral blood flow disorders, the recommended dose is 10mg 3 times a day for a prolonged period of time (several months).
What are Nicergoline Side Effects?
In very rare cases hypotension and dizziness, slight gastric distress, flushing, sleepiness, and insomnia are noted.
Hypersensitivity to nicergoline, heavy bleeding, acute myocardial infarction, orthostatic [postural] hypotension, expressed bradycardia, pregnancy, lactation period, and children under 18 years old.
Treatment: take the horizontal position for a few minutes.
Nicergoline can potentiate the action of antihypertensive drugs.
Caution should be used in administering Sermion in patients with hyperuricemia or with a history of gout and/or under treatment with drugs that might be able to interfere with the metabolism and excretion of uric acid. Sermion may potentiate the effect of antihypertensive drugs.
- J Kugler, H Heidrich (1984) Nicergoline and cerebral performance insufficiency. Observations in 1 year treatment controls https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6392047
- Voronina et al (1988) Effect of nicergoline on learning and memory https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3419247
- Dikova et al (1990) Rheoencephalographic and electroencephalographic studies on nicergoline https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2232965
- K Shintomi (1991) Pharmacological study of nicergoline. Effects on regional cerebral blood flows and arterial carbon dioxide and oxygen pressure and pH in rats under cyanide-induced histotoxic anoxia https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1796914
- Bottiger et al (1996) Involvement of CYP2D6 but not CYP2C19 in nicergoline metabolism in humans https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8971425
- M Fioravanti, L Flicker (2001) Efficacy of nicergoline in dementia and other age associated forms of cognitive impairment https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11687175
- Felisati et al (2004) Nicergoline in the treatment of dizziness in elderly patients. A review https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15207410
- Mizuno et al (2005) Protective effects of nicergoline against neuronal cell death induced by activated microglia and astrocytes https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16325157
- Winblad et al (2008) Therapeutic use of nicergoline https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18666801
- Nakashima et al (2011) Nicergoline improves dysphagia by upregulating substance P in the elderly https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21694649
- Saletu et al (2014) Safety of Nicergoline as an Agent for Management of Cognitive Function Disorders https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4163411/
- Fioravanti et al (2014) A systematic review and meta-analysis assessing adverse event profile and tolerability of nicergoline https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4120366/
- Walford et al (2016) Nicergoline inhibits human platelet Ca2+signalling through triggering a microtubule‐dependent reorganization of the platelet ultrastructure https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4813371/
- Popova et al (2017) The use nicergoline in the treatment of diabetes mellitus https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28902812
- Lee et al (2019) Efficacy of nicergoline treatment in Parkinson’s disease associated with dementia https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31431403/
- Wang et al (2020) Clinical efficacy and safety of nicergoline combined with oxiracetam in the treatment of vascular cognitive impairment https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32173636/
- Miguel-Escuder et al (2021) Use of Nicergoline as Adjunctive Treatment of Neurotrophic Keratitis in Routine Clinical Practice: A Case Series https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34637676/
Nanotropil® (previously known as Phenotropil) was part of the cosmonaut's kit in the USSR. It is a phenyl derivative of Piracetam which is reported to be more neuroprotective compared to the original compound. It was shown to possess psychostimulatory and various adaptogenic and neuromodulator properties. Fast US domestic shipping is available.