POLYOXIDONIUM ® (Azoximer Bromide)
Buy Polyoxidonium (Azoximer Bromide) online with 3–7 day fast domestic delivery within the US ($5) – just choose “Ships from: US (+15%)”
Polyoxidonium is a medicine intended for stimulating the immune system. Its active ingredient is azoximer bromide (copolymer N-oxide 1,4-ethylene piperazine and (N- carboxymethyl)-1,4-ethylene piperazinium bromide).
Polyoxidonium was developed by a group of scientists in the National Research Centre – Institute of Immunology of the Federal Biomedical Agency of Russia. Though the active ingredient was patented in 1997, the drug has been in clinical use since 1996. It has been proven to be effective and safe to use and gained popularity both among doctors and patients. Polyoxidonium is one of the Top-200 medicines in Russia and it is included in the Russian List of Vital and Essential Drugs.
Polyoxidonium has a complex effect as it is an immunomodulator with detoxifying and antioxidant properties. It restores immunity and detoxifies, thus improving patients’ general condition as well as reducing the risk of developing complications. Buy Polyoxidonium to use in acute conditions such as influenza, cold and inflammatory infections of any origin. It can be well combined with standard therapy as it enhances its effect, improves body resistance, and detoxifies.
Polyoxidonium is a “smart” immunomodulator – it increases the low and lowers the high indicators of the immune system, not affecting the normal ones.
One of the facts that prove its effectiveness is that Polyoxidonium is included as an adjuvant in trivalent and quadrivalent influenza vaccines which are exported by Petrovax (the manufacturer) into the Republic of Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Iran, etc.
Polyoxidonium in intranasal form can be used in children from six months of age, which proves its safety.
The drug can be applied orally, intranasally, or intramuscularly.
- Seasonal prevention of exacerbation of chronic conditions and prevention of URI (upper respiratory infection) and influenza during the pre-epidemic period;
- Treatment of secondary immunodeficiencies caused by aging or adverse factors;
- Prevention of recurrent herpetic infection.
The drug has two pharmaceutical forms: a pack of 10 tablets containing a dosage of 12 mg and a pack of 5 bottles with lyophilisate for solution for injection and topical administration. One pack is sufficient for a 5-day course aimed at treating influenza and URI.
Produced by Petrovax, Russia.
Buy Polyoxidonium at our store!
This product has not been approved by the US FDA. All statements on this page are for informational purposes only and have not been evaluated by the US FDA.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. See more
In 1 tablet:
Active ingredient: Azoximer bromide 12 mg;
Inactive ingredients: mannitol 3.6 mg, povidone К17 2.4 mg, lactose monohydrate 185 mg, potato starch 45 mg, stearic acid 2 mg.
In 1 vial:
Active ingredient: Azoximer bromide 3 mg or 6 mg;
Inactive ingredients: mannitol 0.9 mg, povidone К17 0.6 mg (for 3 mg dosage); mannitol 1.8 mg, povidone К17 1.2 mg (for 6 mg dosage).
Dosage and administration
Influenza and URI treatment course lasts 7 days.
Tablets: Apply orally and sublingually 20–30 minutes before meals twice a day. Dosage for adults and children from 10 years of age is 1 tablet, dosage for children aged 3 to 10 is 1/2 tablet (6 mg). If necessary, treatment courses can be repeated after 3-4 months. Effectiveness is not reduced on repeat prescriptions.
Vials: For intramuscular injection dilute 3 mg of Polyoxidonium in 1 ml (6 mg in 2 ml) of water for injections or 0.9% sodium chloride solution. After the dilution, leave for 2-3 minutes and then stir without shaking.
Preparing a solution for intranasal or sublingual administration: For use in children, dilute 3 mg dosage in 1.0 ml (20 drops), 6 mg dosage in 2.0 ml (40 drops) (1 drop (0.05 ml) of prepared solution contains 0.15 mg of the drug); for use in adults, dilute 6 mg dosage in 1.0 ml (20 drops) of 0.9% sodium chloride solution or boiled water.
Parenterally (intramuscular or intravenous): dosage for adults is 6–12 mg once a day; daily, every other day, or 1-2 times a week depending on the diagnosis and disease severity.
Daily doses for children (intranasal or sublingual administration): 1 drop per 1 kg, but no more than 40 drops (6 mg of the active ingredient).
A prepared solution for intranasal or sublingual administration can be stored at room temperature in the manufacturer’s package for up to 48 hours.
- Individual hypersensitivity;
- Acute kidney insufficiency;
- Pregnancy (no application experience);
- Children under 3 years of age (tablets);
- Lactose intolerance, lactase insufficiency, and glucogalactose malabsorption;
- Lyophilisate for preparing a solution for injection and topical administration is contraindicated for children under 6 years of age.
Side effects are not registered.
Cases of overdose are not registered.
Azoximer bromide does not inhibit CYP1A2, CYP2C9, CYP2C19, and CYP2D6 isoenzymes, so Polyoxidonium can be administered with antibiotics, antivirals, antifungal and antihistamine preparations, glucocorticoids, and cytostatics.
Keep out of the reach of children. Store at 2–25°С (35.6–77°F).
- Bratchikov et al (2008) Upgrading of clinicoimmunological effectiveness of combined treatment in patients with chronic prostatitis https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/18572770/?i=3&from=Azoximer
- Porfiriadis et al (2010) Increase of the treatment efficacy of the slow developing phlegmonas of maxillofacial region with the help immunomodulator Polyoxidonium https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21186650
- No authors listed (2010) POLYOXIDONIUM IN COMPLEX PREVENTIVE TREATMENT FOR TUBERCULOSIS IN CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27529931/
- V Bulgakova (2014) Immunomodulators for the prevention and treatment of acute respiratory infections: efficacy of azoximer bromide https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25804048
- Pružinec et al (2017) The safety profile of Polyoxidonium in daily practice: results from postauthorization safety study in Slovakia https://www.futuremedicine.com/doi/abs/10.2217/imt-2017-0116?url_ver=Z39.88-2003&rfr_dat=cr_pub%3Dpubmed&rfr_id=ori%3Arid%3Acrossref.org&journalCode=imt
Biotredin® is a nootropic which improves metabolism and boosts cellular energy. The drug is comprised of L-threonine and pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6). The resulting substance promotes active stimulation of inhibitory processes, oxidation-reduction, and supports respiratory function, and synthesis of adenosine triphosphate in the cells. Biotredin is mainly used for treating alcohol dependency.
$28.00 – $55.00
Arbidol® is a broad-spectrum antiviral compound developed in USSR in 1974. Arbidol reduces the severity of influenza and ARVI and minimizes the incidence of complications. It is used in adults and children. Arbidol may also be immunomodulatory, and as such it's capable of interferon induction and/or macrophage activation. In Russia Arbidol is used to treat COVID-19 patients. Fast US domestic shipping is available.
Aralia is a well-known gentle adaptogenic tonic herb popular for its wide range of pharmacological properties. Aralia tincture contains a variety of beneficial oils and acids, as well as vitamins B1, B2. It is used to treat physical and mental fatigue, asthenic syndrome, arterial hypotension, decreased sex drive, depression, enuresis, radiation sickness and metabolic disorders. Aralia can also help to recover from craniocerebral injury, contusion, meningitis, post-infectious arachnoiditis and ARVI (in the complex therapy).
$10.00 – $46.00
Adaptol® (Mebicar) belongs to a group of non-benzodizepam tranquilizers. It is approved for use by the general public as an anxiolytic and a “daily” tranquilizer, because it does not disturb mental and motor performance. It is also used to aid smoking cessation and to treat ADHD symptoms. Fast US domestic shipping is available.