SELANK ® 0.15%
Buy Selank 0.15% nasal spray at the best price!
Selank 0.15% is an anxiolytic peptide drug with nootropic properties usually sold as a nasal spray or drops. By its structure, Selank is based on endogenous tetrapeptide Tuftsin, which plays an important role in the immune system. To slow the breakdown of peptides and prolong its effects, the inventors of Selank added a Glyproline to its structure.
Tuftsin was found to have anxiolytic effects in 1995 and over the next decade, Russian scientists were focusing on developing a peptide drug that was able to have the most pronounced anxiolytic effects. This research, as well as clinical trials, lasted until 2009 when Selank was finally brought to market under the brand name Selank 0.15%. It is produced in a GMP-compliant factory by Peptogen Inc.
The spectrum of the pharmacological action of the drug is unique. It is a popular over-the-counter anti-anxiety medicine with antidepressant and anti-asthenic actions; it also has a capacity to enhance memory and cognitive functions.
The mechanism of anxiolytic action is related to the regulation of norepinephrine, serotonin, and enkephalin levels and their metabolism in the brain. It is suggested that another possible mechanism of action is inhibition of enkephalin-degrading enzymes, which increases the activity of the endogenous opioid system and explains the mild analgesic effect of Selank.
Numerous clinical trials confirmed the safety of this peptide, which was found to not form a dependence and to be non-toxic even in doses 200–500 times higher than therapeutic ones.
Read more in our in-depth review of Selank!
Selank vs. Semax
Semax and Selank are two very different products. Even though they are both peptides administered nasally, they produce different effects. While Semax is a nootropic and has pronounced stimulating effects, Selank is an anxiolytic. In short, if you are looking for improved focus, mild stimulation, and faster learning – Semax is your choice. Selank will be useful for those looking to release stress, relax, and improve mood.
Primary Uses of Selank 0.15%:
- Anxiety and adjustment disorders;
- Neurasthenia, emotional lability;
- Stress-related disorders.
Is Selank going to be degraded after a long journey from Russia to the US?
In short, No. It is a pharmaceutical nootropic produced by Peptogen Inc. According to the official instruction (drug sheet), once opened a bottle of Selank is to be kept at temperatures below 30°C (86°F) for a period of up to 30 days. Apart from that, we want to stress some other points:
- The product contains methylparaben (0.01%), which works as a preservative and ensures a longer shelf-life. It is considered safe and is frequently used in other drugs.
- The product is sterile and is produced in a GMP-compliant factory, which is likely to increase storage duration.
- For longer periods of time, Selank should be stored at temperatures below 10°C (50°F). The shelf life of a new product is 2 years if stored below 10°C (50°F).
This implies that if the temperature between 10°C (50°F) to 30°C (86°F) the storage duration is anywhere between 30 days to 2 years, depending on the temperature.
*Up until now, nobody complained about Selank being unusable due to the heat during transportation, though we have been shipping for more than three years by now.
Dosage and administration
One bottle of Selank contains 60 drops, each having 75 mcg of the active ingredient. The average dose is 2-3 drops in each nostril. Selank should be taken up to 3 times per day.
On-label regimen of Selank is 3 times a day, 2 drops in each nostril, for a period of 14 days.
Irritation of the nasal mucosa and very rare allergic reactions.
Selank was shown to be completely safe even when hundredfold doses were administered.
Selank has no effect on depressants or stimulants including Haloperidol, Pentobarbital, Hexobarbital, and analeptics. It can be combined with psychotherapy. It is safe to use with ethanol-containing substances.
If there is a need to increase the effect of Selank, a second dose should be taken 15-minutes after the first one.
Keep in a dark place at a temperature less than 10°C (50°F) for up to 2 years.
- Zozulya et al (2001) The inhibitory effect of Selank on enkephalin-degrading enzymes as a possible mechanism of its anxiolytic activity https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11550013
- Kost et al (2001) Semax and selank inhibit the enkephalin-degrading enzymes from human serum https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11443939
- Sokolov et al (2002) Effects of Selank on behavioral reactions and activities of plasma enkephalin-degrading enzymes in mice with different phenotypes of emotional and stress reactions https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12432865
- Kozlovskaya et al (2003) Selank and short peptides of the tuftsin family in the regulation of adaptive behavior in stress https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14969422
- I. Kozlovkii, N. Danchev (2003) The optimizing action of the synthetic peptide Selank on a conditioned active avoidance reflex in rats https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14552529
- T. Ganshina, I. Kozlovskii (2005) Effects of the new peptide anxiolytic drug selank on the cardiovascular system functioning and respiration in cats https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16193654
- Semenova et al (2007) Effect of selank on cognitive processes after damage inflicted to the cerebral catecholamine system during early ontogeny https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18683497
- Sarkisova et al (2008) Effects of heptapeptide selank on genetically-based and situation-provoked symptoms of depression in behavior in WAG/Rij and Wistar rats, and in BALB/c mice https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18661785
- Zozulia et al (2008) Efficacy and possible mechanisms of action of a new peptide anxiolytic selank in the therapy of generalized anxiety disorders and neurasthenia https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18454096
- Uchakina et al (2008) Immunomodulatory effects of selank in patients with anxiety-asthenic disorders https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18577961
- Medvedev et al (2014) A comparison of the anxiolytic effect and tolerability of selank and phenazepam in the treatment of anxiety disorders https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25176261
- Kolomin et al (2014) The temporary dynamics of inflammation-related genes expression under tuftsin analog Selank action https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/24291245/
- Medvedev et al (2015) Optimization of the treatment of anxiety disorders with selank https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26356395
- Volkova et al (2016) Selank Administration Affects the Expression of Some Genes Involved in GABAergic Neurotransmission https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26924987
- Kaisan et al (2017) Peptide Selank Enhances the Effect of Diazepam in Reducing Anxiety in Unpredictable Chronic Mild Stress Conditions in Rats https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5322660/
- Filatova et al (2017) GABA, Selank, and Olanzapine Affect the Expression of Genes Involved in GABAergic Neurotransmission in IMR-32 Cells https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5328971/
- Fomenko et al (2017) Effect of Selank on Functional State of Rat Hepatocytes under Conditions of Restraint Stress https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28853100
- Slominsky et al (2017) Peptides semax and selank affect the behavior of rats with 6-OHDA induced PD-like parkinsonism https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28702721
$40.00 – $50.00
The active substance of Stresam® is etifoxine, a benzoxazine derivative which has an original mechanism of action that distinguishes it from all other anxiolytics. The drug effectively eliminates manifestations of anxiety (stress, discomfort, insomnia, a sense of fear, etc.) and does not cause withdrawal. Stresam is approved in more than 40 countries and can be a good alternative to benzos! Fast US domestic shipping is available.
Motherwort tincture is a 100% natural herbal supplement that has been used in Chinese and European traditional medicine for hundreds of years. It has a sedative action. In comparison to Valery its effect is said to be stronger. Among other things, Motherwort tincture produces tonic effect, and reduces the heart rate, which is of use for athletes. Motherwort tincture can also reduce blood glucose levels, which is important for people with diabetes.
$30.00 – $33.00
Magne B6® (Magnesium + Vitamin B6) is a drug intended to restore the amount of magnesium in the body. Normal levels of magnesium are important for the maintenance of heart and nervous system function. Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) improves magnesium absorption from the digestive system into the body’s cells. Fast US domestic shipping is available.
Intellan® is a powerful brain tonic which contains a natural blend of vital amino acids, trace elements, alkaloids and glycosides. Being natural neurostimulants, the active substances that make up the drug activate neurons, enhance metabolic processes in the brain and improve blood circulation in the vessels. Try Intellan if you want to improve memory, treat mild mood depression, and dizziness.