Only original pharmaceutical products that passed 3 stages of clinical trials.
Our products are produced on GMP or state licensed factories.
10% CRYPTO DISCOUNT
10% discount for paying in BTC or other cryptocurrency.
PAYMENT BY CARD
Convenient Payment by Visa or MasterCard.
Guaranteed delivery times and clear Reshipment & Refund Rules.
Different shipping methods and same or next day shipping.
STRESAM ® (Etifoxine)
Buy Stresam® (Etifoxine) Online!
Etifoxine (trade name Stresam) is an anxiolytic and anticonvulsant medication developed in the 1960s and used ever since. Its benefits are similar to those of benzodiazepines, but Stresam is considered to be much safer.
Check other products from the ANTI-ANXIETY category.
|Chemical name||Etifoxine / Etafenoxine|
|Form:||24 pills of 50mg / 60 pills of 50mg|
|Form description:||Smooth, shiny gelatin capsules with a white body and a blue cap, the content is a powder of white or white with a slight yellowish tint color|
|Active ingredient:||Etifoxine hydrochloride, 50 mg|
|Excipients:||Lactose monohydrate, Talc, Microcrystalline cellulose, Anhydrous colloidal silicon dioxide, Magnesium stearate.
Capsule shell composition: titanium dioxide, gelatin, indigo carmine.
|Pharmacological action:||Anxiolytic (tranquilizer)|
|Shelf life:||3 years. Do not use it beyond the expiration date printed on the package.|
|Storage conditions:||Store at temperatures of 15-25°C (59-77°F). Keep out of reach of children.|
|Terms of release:||Over-the-counter|
|Manufacturer:||Biocodex, France https://www.biocodex.com/|
What is Stresam?
Stresam is an anxiolytic drug manufactured by the French company Biocodex. The drug is approved in more than 40 countries. Its active substance is etifoxine. It is a benzoxazine derivative. It is characterized by maximum selectivity and physiological action.
The active substance was developed back in the 1960s by the German pharmaceutical company. Back then benzodiazepines (diazepam, oxazepam, phenazepam), which are psychoactive substances with sedative effects, dominated the market. However, it is a well-known fact that tranquilizers of the benzodiazepine structure have significant side effects. Etifoxine was one of several anxiolytics with enough potential to replace benzodiazepine drugs.
The compound produces neurosteroids in the brain that can indirectly modulate the activity of the GABAA response. Enhancing neurosteroids in the brain has a lot of potential in keeping the functional yet calm state of body and mind.
What are the Benefits of Stresam (Etifoxine)?
- The drug effectively eliminates manifestations of anxiety: fear, stress, discomfort, insomnia, inner tension, etc.
- Etifoxine does not have a withdrawal syndrome and does not cause dependence. Hence it can be of interest to narcologists. Stresam has shown its effectiveness in the reduction of manifestations of alcohol withdrawal, tremors, and paroxysmal sweating. Also, Stresam helps to reduce the pathological craving for alcohol, improving the quality of life in the post-withdrawal period.
- Some state that Stresam may also exhibit nootropic benefits like improvement in concentration and memory functions. This is attributed to the fact that Stresam is said to stimulate mitochondrial benzodiazepine receptors, thereby enhancing the synthesis of neurosteroids.
- Another property of Stresam that has been recently discovered is neuroprotection. Stresam was shown to promote neuron growth; in particular, it accelerates axonal regeneration and may serve as a treatment for polyneuropathy.
- Stresam was also proven to have the ability to alleviate mild depression. However, Stresam is not an antidepressant.
- Stresam has an indirect effect on the course of cardiovascular, pulmonary, gastroenterological, and other psychosomatic diseases.
What are the Side Effects of Stresam?
Stresam is devoid of a significant number of side effects of its precursors (benzodiazepines). Rare side effects include drowsiness, insomnia, and the development of skin allergic reactions.
Can Stresam (Etifoxine) cause weight gain? Indeed many anxiolytics may cause weight increase. But the good news is that etifoxine does not cause weight gain. A recent study on mice even showed that it may actually have the opposite effect (see Ibrahim et al., 2020)!
Where Can I Order Stresam Online?
You can order Stresam (Etifoxine) online at different vendors. CosmicNootropic offers Stresam in packs of 24x50mg and 60x50mg pills with worldwide shipping! Always be sure to do your research before purchasing any nootropic supplement to ensure you are getting a quality product.
You can order Etifoxine and get it delivered to the USA, Europe, the UK, Asia, and many other destinations via CosmicNootropic.
All statements on this page are for informational purposes only and have not been evaluated by the US FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Before using Stresam consulting a qualified MD is mandatory. See more
What is Stresam Dosage, Administration?
The usual course of treatment is 1-2 capsules 2-3 times a day from 1 week to 2 months. To choose a dose and duration of treatment, please refer to the official instructions and consult with your doctor.
Liver and kidney diseases; pregnancy and lactation; child age.
Can I Overdose with Stresam?
Overdose is noted only in doses many times higher than the recommended ones. The treatment is symptomatic.
- Micallef et al (2001) A double blind parallel group placebo controlled comparison of sedative and mnesic effects of etifoxine and lorazepam in healthy subjects [corrected] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11468032
- Hamon et al (2003) The modulatory effects of the anxiolytic etifoxine on GABA(A) receptors are mediated by the beta subunit https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12871647
- Nhuyen et al (2006) Efficacy of etifoxine compared to lorazepam monotherapy in the treatment of patients with adjustment disorders with anxiety: a double-blind controlled study in general practice https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16625522
- Ugale et al (2007) Neurosteroid allopregnanolone mediates anxiolytic effect of etifoxine in rats https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17950705
- Girard et al (2008) Etifoxine improves peripheral nerve regeneration and functional recovery https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2629330/
- Verleye et al (2011) Differential effects of etifoxine on anxiety-like behaviour and convulsions in BALB/cByJ and C57BL/6J mice: any relation to overexpression of central GABAA receptor beta2 subunits? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20943351
- Zhou et al (2013) Etifoxine promotes glial derived neurotrophic factor induced neurite outgrowth in PC12 cells https://www.spandidos-publications.com/10.3892/mmr.2013.1474
- Aouad et al (2014) Etifoxine stimulates allopregnanolone synthesis in the spinal cord to produce analgesia in experimental mononeuropathy https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23881562
- Choi et al (2015) Etifoxine for pain patients with anxiety https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25589941
- Y Choi, K Kim (2015) Etifoxine for Pain Patients with Anxiety https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4293506/
- Rego et al (2015) The Non-Benzodiazepine Anxiolytic Drug Etifoxine Causes a Rapid, Receptor-Independent Stimulation of Neurosteroid Biosynthesis https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4364751/
- D Stein (2015) Etifoxine Versus Alprazolam for the Treatment of Adjustment Disorder with Anxiety: a Randomized Controlled Trial https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4311065/
- Simon-O’Brien et al (2016) Etifoxine improves sensorimotor deficits and reduces glial activation, neuronal degeneration, and neuroinflammation in a rat model of traumatic brain injury https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5002207/
- Ravikumar et al (2016) Differential efficacy of the TSPO ligands etifoxine and XBD-173 in two rodent models of Multiple Sclerosis https://europepmc.org/abstract/med/27039042
- Bouillot et al (2016) A microPET comparison of the effects of etifoxine and diazepam on [(11)C]flumazenil uptake in rat brains https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26644334
- Costa et al (2017) The Anxiolytic Etifoxine Binds to TSPO Ro5-4864 Binding Site with Long Residence Time Showing a High Neurosteroidogenic Activity https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28362078
- Poisbeau et al (2018) Anxiolytics targeting GABAA receptors: Insights on etifoxine https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30204559
- Deplanque et al (2018) Etifoxine impairs neither alertness nor cognitive functions of the elderly: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30135030
- Nuss et al (2019) An update on the anxiolytic and neuroprotective properties of etifoxine: from brain GABA modulation to a whole-body mode of action https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31308671/
- Shehadeh et al (2019) Reduction of Traumatic Brain Damage by Tspo Ligand Etifoxine https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31146356/
- Ibrahim et al (2020) Etifoxine reverses weight gain and alters the colonic bacterial community in a mouse model of obesity https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32679124/
- Palzur et al (2021) Etifoxine Restores Mitochondrial Oxidative Phosphorylation and Improves Cognitive Recovery Following Traumatic Brain Injury https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34884686/
Based on 34 Reviews
Richard F.Verified Buyer
Fast and Effective for Anxiety!
No side effects at all. Why take anything else? Just wish it was one a day.
Thanks for the review! We're happy to know that Stresam has helped you!
Michael F.Verified Buyer
It is consistent on how it helped me relax.
We're happy to know it has worked for you, Michael!
R J.Verified Buyer
Stresam 50 mg seemed to provide roughly equivalent anxiolysis of about 7.5–10 mg diazepam, but minus the hypnotic effects. Hence, I can’t recommend Stresam for sleep (though it may well help; I don’t know). However, I CAN heartily recommend it as a moderately powerful anxiolytic (with less dependence liability than benzodiazepines).
Hi Jason! We're glad to hear that Stresam has had a positive impact on your life. Thank you for your detailed review and for sharing your experience with us!
Did not work for me!
Unfortunately Strezam did not work for me. Any doses any situation- no effects what so ever. 5 stars to the company! Other products are great 👍
Dear Artur, we're sorry the product didn't work for you. For most nootropics, the effect can be varied for different people. It strongly depends on the personal conditions, so we always recommend consulting a specialist before taking any medication. We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience shopping with us!
John A.Verified Buyer
Works for others but it does not work for me
I don't think I felt anything. My liver did hurt for a bit when I first took the recommended dose, but it stopped hurting after the 2nd one. Honestly, it did nothing for me. Fortunately, there's other things that do work for me. It wasn't really worth 90$.
Dear John, we are sorry that the product didn't work for you properly.😓 For most nootropics, the effect can be varied for different people. It strongly depends on the personal conditions, so we always recommend consulting a specialist before taking any medication.
David P.Verified Buyer
Working great for anxiety and haven't noticed any side effects. I was also able to go off of my Zoloft prescription and hopefully can go off of Klonopin prescription as well.
Hi David, thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that you found the product effective. :)
Etifoxine is great!
First, these guys are great. Always very responsive during business hours and helpful with orders. Thank you! Second, the Etifoxine is exactly what I needed. I suffer from Post-Finasteride Syndrome, which results in a depletion of Allopregnanolone in the brain. Etifoxine is one of very few compounds in the world that agonize the TSPO receptors, the rate limiting step in the synthesis of Allopregnanolone, to start that natural production of Allopregnanolone again. Allopregnanolone, for context, is the body's natural Xanax/Benzodiazepine that is potent to the GABAA receptors for potentiality the action of tranquility, euphoria, and relaxation in the nervous system and stimulates the release of the neurotransmitter, GABA. It works well. Thank you!
Hi Joe! We're so happy that Etifoxine helps you! And thank you for your kind words! 💙
Elaine T.Verified Buyer
Where is my order
I have not received my order of which I paid a large amount
Hi Elaine! We replied to you regarding this issue via email. Please check your inbox.
Dominic B.Verified Buyer
Gave me liver pain/
It caused a moderate sedation the first time I used this medication. I continued at the recommended dose and then developed pale stools and right upper quadrant pain. I threw them in the trash. $200 gone
Hi Dominic, I'm sorry that Stresam didn't suit you. :( I hope you're ok now! Please note that we always recommend consulting a doctor before taking any medication. It can help you to avoid possible side effects.
Tamryn K.Verified Buyer
Both my husband and I have used this product for anxiety. I works wonders! I have not experienced any side effects using this medication.
Hi Tamryn, we're glad that Stresam helps you and your husband! Thank you for your feedback. :)
Heard that this was going off the market. Sad. For my daughter who has high anxiety, this has worked better than anything. If you have to take normal prescription anxiolytics, this would be the closest one. It could help you get off regular benzos as it gives you a close feeling. Anxiety sucks, but having something like this really does help.
Shaun S.Verified Buyer
A valuable and effective alternative to traditional benzodiazapines
I found Strezam to be particularly effective for coping with reduction of or discontinuation of mainline benzodiazepines. In fact, I haven’t found a better recourse for withdrawal symptoms, or even PAWS, then this nootropic. Very grateful for the minds that have made this available to the Western world, where such pharmacological antidotes have not been seriously considered by the FDA. Thank you cosmic once again!
Hi Shaun, You're always welcome! We're so glad that Stresam works great for you. :)
Jason L.Verified Buyer
Fast Shipping! Genuine Product!
I have not used this medication yet as I am currently on pain medication and cannot take both, but I was happy that it came quickly and safely in sealed blister packs and was the genuine product. :)
ANTONY D.Verified Buyer
Great customer service and products, thanks a lot!
Steve O.Verified Buyer
Great store, but supplements weren’t for me
Good communication and fast shipping from vendor, but the Strezam isn’t what I expected from reviews
Dear Steve, Thank you for your kind words! We're sorry that the product did not meet your expectations. But the effect can differ depending on the personal condition. That's why we strongly recommend consulting a specialist before taking any medications!
Peter O.Verified Buyer
Great Product, and CosmicNootropic customer service is top shelf.
Done a lot of business with CosmicNootropic and they come through every time. Shipping is fast and product is fresh. Would recommend to anyone who suffers with anxiety and doesnt want to live a life addicted to benzodiazepines. Etifoxine got me off of 2mg Lorazepam / daily with no withdraw. I can go weeks-months without taking Stresam and there is no physical withdraw like with regular Benzos. God bless!
Austin R.Verified Buyer
I haven't used it, as it still hasn't arrived.
Hi Austin, Please reach out to our customer service [email protected] and we will sort out the issue. Shipping takes a bit longer now, unfortunately. Best regards, Andrey
José J.Verified Buyer
Extresam is a very good product, results are achieved from the first dose. I use it at night and in the morning I switch to Phenibut, Noopept and Nicotil-gaba. I do very well
Michael M.Verified Buyer
Haven’t received it yet.
I haven’t received it yet.
Michael D.Verified Buyer
Perfect for sleep
Works great to help me fall asleep at night when taken before going to bed.
You will now receive regular updates from us!