Thymogen was developed by a team of Leningrad and Moscow scientists as a drug for the treatment of immunodeficiency. In 1990, it was approved for medical use.
Thymogen is a versatile preparation that has several dosage forms available: ampoules, spray, and cream. Its spray form is usually used as a prophylactic and treatment of acute and chronic non-specific lung diseases. The injection form is used for the treatment of various acute and chronic viral and bacterial infections that are accompanied by weakened immunity. The cream form is used for the treatment of dermatitis and as a regeneration aid for the treatment of wounds and scars.
Thymogen is used as part of complex therapy of acute and chronic viral and bacterial infections that are accompanied by weakened immunity such as:
- Viral hepatitis;
- Acute and chronic non-specific lung diseases (CNSLD): chronic bronchitis, acute and chronic pneumonia;
- Dermal and subcutaneous tissue diseases (pyoderma, furunculosis, erysipelas);
- As part of complex therapy of diffuse atopic dermatitis;
- As part of complex therapy of severe mechanical, chemical, radiation, and thermal injuries (burns);
- In combination treatment of wound and surgical infections, including purulent-septic complications in the post-operative period;
- During the preoperative procedures before elective surgery in order to prevent infectious complications and stimulate regeneration;
- After radiotherapy or chemotherapy treatment, as well as long-term antibiotic therapy in massive doses.
Thymogen has been shown to be an effective immunomodulator, restoring the immune reactivity as part of complex therapy of viral hepatitis, tuberculosis, pseudotuberculosis, influenza and acute respiratory viral infection (ARVI), papillomatosis and sepsis.
Thymogen improves patients’ general condition and ensures a faster biochemical and immune restoration when used in the acute period of intestinal amebiasis, typhoid fever, acute dysentery, erysipelas, diphtheria, brucellosis, and hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome. As a result of the use of the preparation, the incidence of prolonged recurrent and chronic disease is reduced.
Buy Thymogen nasal spray to treat infectious, inflammatory, and allergic bronchopulmonary diseases, it helps reduce the disease duration, restore the immune system and significantly reduce the likelihood of developing complications.
According to clinical studies, Thymogen is used as part of complex therapy of bacterial, viral, and fungal skin infections, as well as atopic dermatitis.
Medical research contains recorded cases of Thymogen being used as part of complex therapy of acute pancreatitis, peritonitis, mechanical trauma, compartment syndrome, and burns, as well as for treatment and rehabilitation after major abdominal surgery.
Solution for intramuscular injection, 100 µg/ml. 1 ml of the drug contains:
- Active ingredient: sodium alpha-glutamyl-tryptophan (Thymogen sodium) 100 µg (expressed as alpha-glutamyl-tryptophan)
- Inactive ingredients: sodium chloride 9,000 µg and water for injections up to 1 ml.
One dose of nasal spray contains:
- Active ingredient: Thymogen (glutamyl-tryptophan monosodium salt) 25 µg;
- Inactive ingredients: benzalkonium chloride and normal saline.
One spray bottle contains 100 doses, which last 25 days or 2.5 treatment courses. In case of prolonged storage, the spray should be stored in the fridge.
Thymogen prevents the suppression of regeneration and enhances cell metabolism. It also promotes the expression of differentiation receptors on lymphocytes, normalises the number and ratio of T-helper cells and cytotoxic T lymphocytes in patients with various immunodeficiency disorders.
The preparation quickly enters the systemic circulation after the injection or infusion. Peptidases cleave sodium alpha-glutamyl-tryptophan into L-glutamic acid and L-tryptophan, which are used in peptide synthesis.
Dosage and administration
Injections: intramuscularly, once a day. The dosage for adults and children from 14 years of age is 100 µg (300–1,000 µg per course). The duration of the treatment course is from 3 to 10 days.
Spray: intranasally, 1 dose in each nasal passage twice a day. The duration of the treatment is 10 days for therapeutic purposes and 3–5 days for preventive purposes. The treatment can be repeated after 1 month at the soonest.
Side effects are rare and usually include allergic reactions such as rhinitis.
The medication is very safe: in experiments, an increase in the dose over 100-fold did not result in any side effects.
- Furgal et al (1993) The clinico-epidemiological efficacy of thymogen in acute respiratory viral infections in a military collective https://wwww.unboundmedicine.com/medline/citation/8498021/[The_clinico_epidemiological_efficacy_of_thymogen_in_acute_respiratory_viral_infections_in_a_military_collective]
$7.00 – $9.00
Propolis is a natural substance produced by honey bees by combining the sap collected on needle-leaved trees with their own discharges and beeswax. Propolis has proven to have antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties. It is one of the richest sources of bioflavonoids for the support of your immune system, provided by nature. Propolis is also advantageous for skincare as it keeps the skin hydrated and disinfected.
$35.00 – $40.00
Isoprinosine® is a synthetic antiviral compound formed from purine. The effectiveness of Isoprinosine is achieved by inhibition of RNA in the nucleus of a bacterial microorganism. The drug is known to block enzyme bonds, inhibiting the synthesis of the virus. Today it is used in Europe and elsewhere as a treatment against a number of viral diseases including herpes, influenza, and viral hepatitis. Fast US domestic shipping is available.
$30.00 – $140.00
Derinat® is a native DNA-containing physiologically active drug with immunomodulating and immunostimulating properties. The active substance of Derinat – sodium deoxyribonucleate – is a biologically active substance that is obtained from specific cells of fish of the sturgeon class. Derinat has a high reparative and regenerative ability, anti-inflammatory and detoxifying effects, as well as antioxidant and membrane-stabilizing properties. This allows the use of the drug in complex and monotherapy.
$22.00 – $30.00
Cycloferon® is an antiviral and immunomodulating drug. It has been used in the pharmacological practice since 1992. The active ingredient is meglumine acridone acetate, which is effective against viruses, bacteria and fungi. Its effectiveness and safety have been confirmed in multicenter randomized clinical, pharmacoeconomic, and post-registration studies. Fast US domestic shipping is available.