Formulation and packaging
Enteric coated tablets.
Active ingredient: bull prostate tissue extract (powder) 100 mg, with the active peptide content of 20 mg.
Inactive ingredients: sucrose, lactose, calcium stearate, crospovidone and microcrystalline cellulose
Application and dosage
To be administered orally, 1 tablet 2 times a day.
The duration of treatment course is:
not less than 30 days for benign prostatic hyperplasia;
not less than 10 days for chronic abacterial prostatitis.
For the prevention of complications of chronic abacterial prostatitis take 1 tablet 2 times a day for 30 days. The prophylactic courses are to be repeated 1-2 times a year.
No significant drug interactions recorded.
No cases of overdose recorded.
Store at a temperature not higher than 25°C.
Keep out of the reach of children.
JSC Nizhpharm. Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Vitaprost is a prostatotropic and anti-inflammatory drug. Its main ingredient is an extract of prostate peptides derived from prostate tissue of bulls. The active ingredient is the same as in Prostatilen but the drug is administered orally. It is different from many other oral peptides in that it is an original pharmaceutical that passed quality testings and is proven to be effective for a variety of cases.
It helps treat edema, reduce the amount of leukocytes in the prostate gland, stabilize the secretion in epithelial cells and stimulate the muscle tone in the bladder. It also improves the blood supply in the prostate gland by reducing blood clotting and prevents the development of thrombosis.
Vitaprost reduces pain and discomfort, treats dysuria, stimulates erotic behavior and has a positive effect on semen quality.
The results of clinical trials show that the drug reduces the size of the prostate. It relieves the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia by increasing volumetric flow rate of urine.
The study also shows that Vitaprost reduces the likelihood of developing complications of chronic abacterial prostatitis without changing clinical and biochemical parameters of blood and urine. The drug is proved to be effective in the prevention of chronic abacterial prostatitis in 97.5% cases.
- Kamalov et al (2006) Use of oral vitaprost in the treatment of chronic abacterial prostatitis https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17444152
- Mazo et al (2007) Efficacy and safety of a new dosage form of vitaprost (tablets coated with intestinally soluble cover) in patients with prostatic adenoma https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18649662
- Kamalov et al (2007) Vitaprost forte in the therapy of patients with prostatic adenoma https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17722619
- V Tkachuk, I Tkachuk (2008) Vitaprost forte efficacy in patients with prostatic adenoma https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19058362
- Miller et al (2008) Efficacy of vitaprost forte in patients with prostatic adenoma https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19069497
- Lopatkin et al (2009) Vitaprost plus in the treatment of chronic bacterial prostatitis https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19670818
- M Sitdykova, A Zubkov (2009) Efficacy of vitaprost forte in the treatment of prostatic adenoma https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20169719
- Iakovets et al (2011) Experience in vitaprost treatment of patients with chronic abacterial prostatitis and prostatic adenoma after prostatic arteries embolism https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22279784
- M Davidov (2011) Treatment of prostatic adenoma with concomitant chronic bacterial prostatitis https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21500490
- D Shafranov, A Mariupol'skiĭ (2011) Vitaprost-forte in the treatment of patients with prostatic adenoma https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22448483
- Neĭmark et al (2013) The use of drug vitaprost forte in patients with benign prostate hyperplasia https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23662497
- D Ergakov, A Martov (2013) Application of rectal suppository vitaprost plus before and after transurethral resection of the prostate https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23789370
- Demidko et al (2014) The use of vitaprost in the treatment of patients with prostate diseases https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24772777
- D Ergakov, A Martov (2015) Use of Vitaprost (tablets and rectal suppositories) for patients rehabilitation after invasive diagnostic urological interventions https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28247675
- I Korneev (2017) Russian experience with Vitaprost Forte suppositories in patients with lower urinary tract symptoms and benign prostatic hyperplasia: comparative analysis of studies https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28845952
- I Kuzmin (2019) Vitaprost Forte in the treament of patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia: pathogenetic basics and clinical results https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31535821