Description: Tablets: white or white with a yellowish or creamy tint, flat-cylindrical.
Pharmacological classification: Adaptogen
ATC code: A13A
Pharmacological action: adaptogen, immunomodulatory agent.
Trekrezan (or Trekresan) is an immunomodulatory drug with apparent adaptogenic properties. The drug stimulates the production of α- and γ-interferons, it helps to increase and correct the immune status of the body due to the activation of the cellular and humoral immunity, it stimulates the phagocytic activity of macrophages. The drug strengthens the body’s immune system, increases tolerance to physical and mental loads, reduces effects of various toxins, and increases the body’s resistance to hypoxia, low and high temperatures and other adverse conditions. The drug has a pronounced antitoxic effect in case of poisoning with ethanol, organic solvents, and salts of heavy metals.
- Improvement of the immunity (prevention and treatment of colds, flu, ARVI and other viral and bacterial diseases);
- Improvement of the physical, mental performance and prevention of fatigue, improvement of the body’s resistance to various stressful effects (hypoxia, hyperthermia, hypothermia);
- Secondary immunodeficiency state, including the one following the prolonged antibiotic therapy;
- Part of the complex therapy in case of poisoning with salts of heavy metals;
- Part of the complex treatment of alcohol withdrawal syndrome.
- Hypersensitivity to any of the drug’s components.
- Hereditary lactose intolerance, lactase deficiency or malabsorption of glucose and galactose;
- Lactation period;
- Children under 12 y.o. (because of the lack of data on the effectiveness and safety of the drug use).
In rare cases, allergic response.
Interaction with Other Drugs
No adverse interaction with other drugs has been recorded.
Dosage and Administration
To improve the immunity and to prevent colds, for adults and children over 12 y.o. – 0.2 g/day for 7-14 days.
During the treatment of colds, flu and ARVI, for adults and children over 12 y.o. — 0.6 g/day on the first day, then 0.2 g/day, daily for 7 days.
To improve physical and mental performance and to improve the body resistance to various stressful effects – 0.6 g/day on the first day, then 0.2 g/day, daily for 7 days.
In case of poisoning with salts of heavy metals – 0.4-0.6 g/day, daily for at least 5 days.
To reduce manifestations of alcohol withdrawal syndrome – 0.4-0.6 g/day, daily for 5 days.
If necessary, the treatment is repeated with 1-2 months intervals between the courses.
Symptoms of intoxication because of the drug overdose have not been recorded.
Tablets, 200mg. In glass jars with a triangular neck finish, sealed with pull-on plastic caps with a sealing element, or in screw jars with screw-on plastic caps (type 1.1a), 10, 20, 50 pcs. Each jar is labelled.
In blister packs of PVC film and varnished printed aluminum foil or packaging paper with a polymer coating instead of foil, 10 pcs.
In strip paper packs with PE coating or with a polymer coating on both sides, 10 pcs.
Each jar or 2, or 5 blister or strip packs in a cardboard package.
OJSC “Usolye-Sibirskiy Chemical Pharmaceutical Plant”. Russia.
Address for correspondence (including claims receipt): Usolye-Sibirskoye, Irkutsk Oblast, 665462.
Tel.: (395-43) 5-89-10; fax: (395-43) 5-89-08.
The following data have been obtained in a number of studies:
– The research by V.V. Bulanova1 showed a 55% decrease in the incidence of acute respiratory infections when taking Trekrezan. Significant increase in the number of lymphocytes indicates a positive effect of Trekrezan on the immune status of the body;
– The work of A.V. Bolekhan2 proved the effect of Trekrezan on immunity indicators in case of acute bronchopulmonary inflammation due to an increase in lymphokine-producing function of lymphocytes in the inhibition of leukocyte migration with concanavalin A by 19% and with phytohemagglutin by 10%, and neutrophil activity increased by 7%;
– The study of A.A. Elistratova3 proved the maintenance of high level physical and mental performance under extreme conditions. At low temperatures, Trekrezan had a positive effect on CVS, stimulating working capacity and increasing the endurance of the muscle system. In case of temperature increase, the use of Trekrezan allowed to improve indicators of the state of the respiratory system — respiratory rate, respiratory minute volume, Stange test, Gencha test.
Thus, Trekrezan is a unique medication combining pronounced immunomodulatory and adaptogenic properties. The drug is useful in case of commonly occurring asthenic conditions that come with colds and in case there is a frequent need to increase the body resistance to climate loads and to restore the working capacity.
1 Adaptive changes in the body during adaptogen administration and workout (Arkhipov S.A., Bulanova V.V., Sikacheva Y.M., Golovanov S.A.) // Physical education and sports in modern society. Materials of reports of the VII scientific-methodical conference of PIFK MGPU (Moscow City University).- Moscow, 2008 – P. 20.
2 Zarubina I.V., Bolekhan A.V., Shabanov P.D. “Efficiency of Trekrezan in experimental bronchopneumonia in rats” // Bulletin of experimental biology and medicine, 2006.142, no. 8.- P. 170–173.
3 Shabanov P.D., Ganapolsky V.P., Zarubina I.V., Zhumasheva A.B., Elistratov A.A. Metabolic activator trekrezan: the study of adaptogenic and immunomodulating properties // Neurosciences. 2006 – 3,- no. 5.- P. 43-48.
Storage Conditions of Trekrezan
Store in a dark and dry place. Keep out of the reach of children.
Shelf Life of Trekrezan
2 years. Do not use beyond the expiration date.