ARBIDOL ® (Umifenovir)
Buy Arbidol hydrochloride tablets with 3–7 day fast domestic delivery within the US ($5) – just choose “Ships from: US (+15%)”
National Health Commission of the People’s Republic of China has selected Umifenovir (ARBIDOL) as a medication to treat coronavirus 2019-nCoV. There are also a number of studies showing its effectiveness against ARVI and influenza.
Read more in this blog post: China is Testing Russian Medications to Fight Coronavirus. You will find a bunch of useful information and links about Arbidol there.
Arbidol hydrochloride is a broad-spectrum antiviral drug of various uses, which is most often used in the treatment of influenza A and B infections (including swine and avian) and other ARVI and rotavirus pathogens. The drug inhibits fusion between the viral capsid and the cell membrane of the target cell. This prevents viral entry to the target cell and therefore protects it from infection.
Arbidol was developed in the USSR by a team of scientists from All-Union Scientific Research Chemical-Pharmaceutical Institute, Institute of Medical Radiology of USSR Academy of Medical Sciences, and Leningrad Bacteriological and Diagnostic Institute. The international nonproprietary name is Umifenovir. The tests conducted in the USSR and later in Russia showed that the drug has significant antiviral effects; for instance, in a direct comparison with Tamiflu, Arbidol was shown to achieve a similar efficiency both in vitro and in a clinical setting.
Arbidol reduces the severity of influenza and ARVI and minimizes the incidence of complications. Prophylactic administration significantly reduces the risk of infection in case of contact with a patient with influenza or ARVI. Arbidol exhibits modulatory effects on the immune system. The drug stimulates a humoral immune response (the growth of T-cells, T-helpers, and NK cells), induces interferon-production, and stimulates the phagocytic function of macrophages. The drug has also been investigated as a candidate drug for the treatment of hepatitis C.
Arbidol hydrochloride is a low-toxic drug and has almost no side effects. It is quickly absorbed and distributed to the organs and tissues of the body. Then, it is metabolized in the liver.
- Prevention and treatment of influenza A and B infections and ARVI;
- As part of the complex therapy of recurrent herpetic infection;
- Prevention of postoperative infectious complications;
- As a part of the complex therapy of rotavirus infections.
Produced by OTCPharm, Russia.
This product has not been approved by the US FDA. All statements on this page are for informational purposes only and have not been evaluated by the US FDA.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. See more
Hard gelatin capsules. In 1 capsule:
Active ingredient: Umifenovir 100 mg;
Inactive ingredients: potato starch 30.14 mg, microcrystalline cellulose 55.76 mg, fumed silica 2 mg, povidone K 25 10.1 mg, calcium stearate 2 mg.
Dosage and administration
To be administered orally, before meals.
For children aged 6–12, Arbidol single dosage is 100 mg (1 capsule).
For adults and children from 12 years, Arbidol single dosage is 200 mg (2 capsules).
Recommendations for the treatment of ARVI and influenza: take one single dose 4 times a day (every 6 hours) for 5 days in a row. For adults, a treatment course may take 4 boxes of 10 pills x 100 mg.
Hypersensitivity to umifenovir and other components of the drug, children under 6 years, pregnancy, lactation.
No significant drug interactions were registered.
Store at a temperature not higher than 25°C. Keep out of the reach of children.
- Liu et al (2013) Antiviral and anti-inflammatory activity of arbidol hydrochloride in influenza A (H1N1) virus infection https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4003028/
- Leneva et al (2014) Umifenovir (Arbidol) efficacy in experimental mixed viral and bacterial pneumonia of mice https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25975111
- Kiselev et al (2015) Clinical efficacy of arbidol (umifenovir) in the therapy of influenza in adults: preliminary results of the multicenter double-blind randomized placebo-controlled study ARBITR https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25823275
- Leneva et al (2016) Virus susceptibility and clinical effectiveness of anti-influenza drugs during the 2010-2011 influenza season in Russia https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26775570
- Popov et al (2017) Time course of changes in cytokines (IFN-γ, IFN-α, IL-18, TNF-α) in the treatment of moderate influenza A (H1N1) pdm09 (2013-2016) with oseltamivir (Tamiflu) and umifenovir (Arbidol) alone and in combination with Kagocel https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29171473
- Bulgakova et al (2017) Pharmacoepidemiological study of the course of influenza and other acute respiratory viral infections in risk groups https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28252630
- Zhang et al (2017) Umifenovir effectively inhibits IL-10 dependent persistent Coxsackie B4 virus infection https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28263801
- Fink et al (2018) The Antiviral Drug Arbidol Inhibits Zika Virus https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29895962
- Haviernik et al (2018) Arbidol (Umifenovir): A Broad-Spectrum Antiviral Drug That Inhibits Medically Important Arthropod-Borne Flaviviruses https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29642580
- Pshenichnaya et al (2019) Clinical efficacy of umifenovir in influenza and ARVI (study ARBITR) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31094461
- Leneva et al (2019) Umifenovir susceptibility monitoring and characterization of influenza viruses isolated during ARBITR clinical study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30431664
$25.00 – $70.00
Derinat® is a native DNA-containing physiologically active drug with immunomodulating and immunostimulating properties. The active substance of Derinat – sodium deoxyribonucleate – is a biologically active substance that is obtained from specific cells of fish of the sturgeon class. Derinat has a high reparative and regenerative ability, anti-inflammatory and detoxifying effects, as well as antioxidant and membrane-stabilizing properties. This allows the use of the drug in complex and monotherapy.
Cerebrum compositum® is a multi-component homeopathic medicine intended to improve brain metabolism. It's used in complex therapy of encephalopathy because it stimulates the immunity and cell regeneration. Cerebrum compositum helps enhance brain function and improve the overall body tone, performance and mood. It's built up of more than 20 homeopathic animal, herbal and mineral components.
BBS Сosmetic Placental Peptide Extract is a biologically active polypeptide complex with cosmetic properties. It contains hyaluronic acid, which binds and holds free fluid, and together with linoleic acid and other biologically active substances, which are components of the product, prevents its loss. Regular use of this cosmetic product makes the skin resilient and supple.
Aralia is a well-known gentle adaptogenic tonic herb popular for its wide range of pharmacological properties. Aralia tincture contains a variety of beneficial oils and acids, as well as vitamins B1, B2. It is used to treat physical and mental fatigue, asthenic syndrome, arterial hypotension, decreased sex drive, depression, enuresis, radiation sickness and metabolic disorders. Aralia can also help to recover from craniocerebral injury, contusion, meningitis, post-infectious arachnoiditis and ARVI (in the complex therapy).