ARBIDOL ® (Umifenovir)
Buy Arbidol hydrochloride tablets with 3–7 day fast domestic delivery within the US ($5) – just choose “Ships from: US (+15%)”
National Health Commission of the People’s Republic of China has selected Umifenovir (ARBIDOL) as a medication to treat coronavirus 2019-nCoV. There are also a number of studies showing its effectiveness against ARVI and influenza.
Read more in this blog post: China is Testing Russian Medications to Fight Coronavirus. You will find a bunch of useful information and links about Arbidol there.
Arbidol hydrochloride is a broad-spectrum antiviral drug of various uses, which is most often used in the treatment of influenza A and B infections (including swine and avian) and other ARVI and rotavirus pathogens. The drug inhibits fusion between the viral capsid and the cell membrane of the target cell. This prevents viral entry to the target cell and therefore protects it from infection.
Arbidol was developed in the USSR by a team of scientists from All-Union Scientific Research Chemical-Pharmaceutical Institute, Institute of Medical Radiology of USSR Academy of Medical Sciences, and Leningrad Bacteriological and Diagnostic Institute. The international nonproprietary name is Umifenovir. The tests conducted in the USSR and later in Russia showed that the drug has significant antiviral effects; for instance, in a direct comparison with Tamiflu, Arbidol was shown to achieve a similar efficiency both in vitro and in a clinical setting.
Arbidol reduces the severity of influenza and ARVI and minimizes the incidence of complications. Prophylactic administration significantly reduces the risk of infection in case of contact with a patient with influenza or ARVI. Arbidol exhibits modulatory effects on the immune system. The drug stimulates a humoral immune response (the growth of T-cells, T-helpers, and NK cells), induces interferon-production, and stimulates the phagocytic function of macrophages. The drug has also been investigated as a candidate drug for the treatment of hepatitis C.
Arbidol hydrochloride is a low-toxic drug and has almost no side effects. It is quickly absorbed and distributed to the organs and tissues of the body. Then, it is metabolized in the liver.
- Prevention and treatment of influenza A and B infections and ARVI;
- As part of the complex therapy of recurrent herpetic infection;
- Prevention of postoperative infectious complications;
- As a part of the complex therapy of rotavirus infections.
Produced by OTCPharm, Russia.
This product has not been approved by the US FDA. All statements on this page are for informational purposes only and have not been evaluated by the US FDA.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. See more
Hard gelatin capsules. In 1 capsule:
Active ingredient: Umifenovir 100 mg;
Inactive ingredients: potato starch 30.14 mg, microcrystalline cellulose 55.76 mg, fumed silica 2 mg, povidone K 25 10.1 mg, calcium stearate 2 mg.
Dosage and administration
To be administered orally, before meals.
For children aged 6–12, Arbidol single dosage is 100 mg (1 capsule).
For adults and children from 12 years, Arbidol single dosage is 200 mg (2 capsules).
Recommendations for the treatment of ARVI and influenza: take one single dose 4 times a day (every 6 hours) for 5 days in a row. For adults, a treatment course may take 4 boxes of 10 pills x 100 mg.
Hypersensitivity to umifenovir and other components of the drug, children under 6 years, pregnancy, lactation.
No significant drug interactions were registered.
Store at a temperature not higher than 25°C. Keep out of the reach of children.
- Liu et al (2013) Antiviral and anti-inflammatory activity of arbidol hydrochloride in influenza A (H1N1) virus infection https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4003028/
- Leneva et al (2014) Umifenovir (Arbidol) efficacy in experimental mixed viral and bacterial pneumonia of mice https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25975111
- Kiselev et al (2015) Clinical efficacy of arbidol (umifenovir) in the therapy of influenza in adults: preliminary results of the multicenter double-blind randomized placebo-controlled study ARBITR https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25823275
- Leneva et al (2016) Virus susceptibility and clinical effectiveness of anti-influenza drugs during the 2010-2011 influenza season in Russia https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26775570
- Popov et al (2017) Time course of changes in cytokines (IFN-γ, IFN-α, IL-18, TNF-α) in the treatment of moderate influenza A (H1N1) pdm09 (2013-2016) with oseltamivir (Tamiflu) and umifenovir (Arbidol) alone and in combination with Kagocel https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29171473
- Bulgakova et al (2017) Pharmacoepidemiological study of the course of influenza and other acute respiratory viral infections in risk groups https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28252630
- Zhang et al (2017) Umifenovir effectively inhibits IL-10 dependent persistent Coxsackie B4 virus infection https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28263801
- Fink et al (2018) The Antiviral Drug Arbidol Inhibits Zika Virus https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29895962
- Haviernik et al (2018) Arbidol (Umifenovir): A Broad-Spectrum Antiviral Drug That Inhibits Medically Important Arthropod-Borne Flaviviruses https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29642580
- Pshenichnaya et al (2019) Clinical efficacy of umifenovir in influenza and ARVI (study ARBITR) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31094461
- Leneva et al (2019) Umifenovir susceptibility monitoring and characterization of influenza viruses isolated during ARBITR clinical study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30431664
$15.00 – $40.00
Vetom® is the brand name of the unique probiotic products manufactured by the Issledovatelsky Tsentr Research Company. They come in several forms: creams, sprays and capsules. They are intended for different applications. The main effect is immune system reinforcement. Bacteries of genus Bacillus are used as an active ingredient of Vetom medicinical products. These bacteria have an ability to suppress growth and development of pathogenic, conditionally pathogenic and putrefactive bacteria.
$9.00 – $25.00
Thymogen® is a peptide immunomodulator containing chemically synthesised dipeptide Glu-Trp (glutamyl-tryptophan). It is equal to a natural compound of thymus extract. Thymogen is a versatile preparation that has the following dosage forms: ampoules, spray, and cream. The spray form is used in lung diseases. The injections are used in viral and bacterial infections accompanied by weakened immunity. The cream form is used in dermatology. It is successfully used in clinical practice since 1990.
Lavomax® is an immunomodulating and antiviral drug. It's intended for treatment and prevention of respiratory and other viral diseases. Tilorone, its active ingredient, stimulates the production of interferons (proteins essential for anti-viral defence) and enhances the immunity during influenza and ARVI. Lavomax inhibits viral translation in the infected cells and prevents the spread of viruses.
$45.00 – $51.50
Heptor® is a drug based on ademetionine (S-Adenosyl methionine), which is currently considered one of the most powerful hepatoprotectors. Besides, ademetionine also has anti-inflammatory, painkiller and antidepressant effects. Heptor is a choleretic and cholekinetic drug. The use of the drug in patients with osteoarthritis helps relieve pain and stimulate proteoglycan synthesis and cartilage tissue regeneration. Fast US domestic shipping is available.