Only original pharmaceutical products that passed 3 stages of clinical trials.
Our products are produced on GMP or state licensed factories.
10% CRYPTO DISCOUNT
10% discount for paying in BTC or other cryptocurrency.
PAYMENT BY CARD
Convenient Payment by Visa or MasterCard.
Guaranteed delivery times and clear Reshipment & Refund Rules.
Different shipping methods and same or next day shipping.
METADOXINE (Metadoxil ®)
Buy Metadoxine (Metadoxil) Online!
Metadoxine is a hepatoprotective and detoxification drug. This medication is used to treat chronic and acute alcohol intoxication, quit alcohol addiction, and restore liver functions. It can speed up detoxification of the body, neutralize the action of alcohol, and protect liver cells.
|Other names||Pyridoxine L-2 pyrrolidone 5-carboxylate / Metadoxil|
|Form:||10 vials of 5ml / 30 pills of 500mg|
|Form description:||Clear and colorless or yellowish solution for injections / White or almost white, round, biconvex, with a break line on one side and an engraved name of the drug on the other side.|
|Active ingredient:||Pyridoxine L-2 pyrrolidone 5-carboxylate (metadoxine)|
|Excipients for vials:||Sodium metabisulfite, sodium edetate, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, water for injections.|
|Excipients for pills:||Microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate.|
|Pharmacological action:||Hepatoprotection, detoxification, anti-alcohol effect|
|Shelf life:||5 years. Do not use it beyond the expiration date printed on the package.|
|Storage conditions:||Store in a dry dark place at temperatures up to 25°C (77°F). Keep out of reach of children.|
|Terms of release:||Over-the-counter|
|Manufacturer:||Doppel Farmaceutici / Baldacci Laboratori, Italy|
What is Metadoxine?
Metadoxine is a medicine designed to restore and maintain a healthy liver. The drug helps to prevent many diseases and negative consequences associated with the regular intake of alcoholic beverages. Initially, this Italian drug was created as a means to treat teenage alcoholism, but then it became widely used for the treatment of adults. The active substance of the drug is metadoxine which is a more active derivative of pyridoxine (vitamin B6). The drug helps detoxify the body by speeding up the process of elimination of alcohol and its decay products from the body. In prolonged use, the drug helps protect the liver, as it increases the resistance of liver cells to toxic substances.
What Does Metadoxine Do to The Body?
Metadoxil or Metadoxine (as it is called in international practice) may protect liver cells from destruction and act as a hepatoprotector. Alcohol is able to dissolve the fatty membrane of hepatocytes (liver cells) and destroy them. Metadoxine enters into biochemical reactions with fatty acids, neutralizing the action of alcohol. As a result, the resistance of liver cells to the action of toxic substances (ethanol and acetaldehyde – the toxic product of its decay) is significantly increased.
Metadoxine may accelerate the detoxification process of the body, enhancing the production of enzymes that decompose toxins. Therefore, alcohol and acetaldehyde are excreted faster. It may also reduce the craving for alcohol and slow down the development of cirrhosis, as it accelerates the elimination of substances that contribute to the growth of fibrous tissue because of the death of hepatocytes. Besides, it may accelerate the process of getting out of a hangover.
Due to rapid detoxification, Metadoxine weakens the effect of ethanol on the brain and central nervous system. Due to this property, the mental and physical manifestations of withdrawal symptoms are relieved and the symptoms of a hangover (headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, bone pain) are eliminated. Appetite, sleep, and mood are being improved. The feeling of anxiety and fear goes away.
Metadoxine can be used to improve memory and ability to think impaired after alcohol consumption. It may reduce nervous system agitation and eliminate hand tremors thus acting as an antidepressant.
Where Can I Order Metadoxine Online?
You can buy Metadoxine online at different vendors. CosmicNootropic offers Metadoxine (Metadoxil) in packs of 10x5ml vials and 30x500mg pills. We offer worldwide shipping! Always be sure to do your research before purchasing any nootropic supplement to ensure you are getting a quality product.
You can order Metadoxine and get it delivered to the USA, Europe, the UK, Asia, and many other regions and countries via CosmicNootropic.
Check other products from the Quit Addiction category!
This product has not been approved by the US FDA. All statements on this page are for informational purposes only and have not been evaluated by the US FDA.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. See more
What is Metadoxine Dosage, Administration?
Dosage, duration of treatment, and feasibility of using the drug are determined based on the age, and physiological and individual characteristics of the patient. The drug is available in the form of tablets and injections. Please refer to the official description for detailed information on drug administration.
What are Metadoxine Side Effects?
According to reviews of patients suffering from alcohol dependence, the drug is well-tolerated, no cases of overdose have been observed. Sometimes allergic reactions may appear.
Patients with Parkinson’s disease and bronchial asthma shall be cautious when taking the drug. In the case of intramuscular or intravenous injection, bronchospasm may develop.
The use of the medication is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Individual intolerance to metadoxine or other components of the drug;
- Pregnancy and lactation.
Metadoxil is not an independent tool to eliminate alcohol dependence. Its main task is to normalize the liver functions and alleviate its diseases. Metadoxil helps cleanse the body of toxins and elements of ethanol decomposition. An integrated approach is needed for a complete recovery, including psychotherapy, vitamin therapy, and other medical procedures (conditional methods, sensitizing therapy, and hypnosis). The drug can be taken both during the anti-alcohol course, and beyond it – to eliminate liver disorders.
- Carboni MA, Corsa R. (1987). Therapeutic use of metadoxine in alcohol-related mental and behavioral disorders. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2972505
- Santoni S et al (1989). Metadoxine in alcohol-related pathology. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2529084
- Corsini G et al (1992). Effects of metadoxine on main biohumoral changes induced by chronic alcoholism. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1568369
- Rizzo A et al (1993). Therapeutic use of metadoxine in chronic alcoholism. Double blind study of patients in a department of general medicine. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8482064
- Gutiérrez-Ruiz MC et al (2001). Metadoxine prevents damage produced by ethanol and acetaldehyde in hepatocyte and hepatic stellate cells in culture. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11712874
- Vedrova NN, Gnezdilova NIu (2001). Metadoxyl in combined treatment of alcohol damage to the liver. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11496744
- Addolorato G et al (2003). Metadoxine in the treatment of acute and chronic alcoholism: a review. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14611722
- Lü Y et al (2007). Pharmacokinetics of metadoxine for injection after repeated doses in healthy volunteers. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17335665
- Mao YM et al (2009). Capsule metadoxine in the treatment of alcoholic liver disease: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter study. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19335986
- Shenoy KT et al (2014). Metadoxine Versus Placebo for the Treatment of Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis: A Randomized Controlled Trial. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25755546
- Manor I et al (2014). Attention benefits after a single dose of metadoxine extended release in adults with predominantly inattentive ADHD. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25295645
- Higuera-de la Tijera F et al (2015). Metadoxine improves the three- and six-month survival rates in patients with severe alcoholic hepatitis. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25945012
- Di Miceli M, Gronier B (2018). Pharmacology, Systematic Review and Recent Clinical Trials of Metadoxine. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29485008
- Mazraati P, Minaiyan M (2018). Hepatoprotective Effect of Metadoxine on Acetaminophen-induced Liver Toxicity in Mice. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29862216
- Testino G et al (2018). Alcoholic liver fibrosis: detection and treatment. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30221911
- F Nageye, S Cortese (2019) Beyond stimulants: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials assessing novel compounds for ADHD https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31167583/
- Mirijello et al (2022) Identification and management of acute alcohol intoxication https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35985955/
- Liu et al (2022) Current Medical Treatment for Alcohol-Associated Liver Disease https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36038332/
Based on 0 Reviews
You will now receive regular updates from us!