While COVID-19 prevention measures are in effect, we do not sell Selank. Since shipping takes over a month, there is a significant chance that Selank will go bad in transit. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Selank® 0.15% is an anxiolytic peptide drug with nootropic properties. By its structure, Selank is based on endogenous tetrapeptide Tuftsin, which plays an important role in immune system. To slow the breakdown of peptide and prolong its effects, the inventors of Selank added a Glyproline to its structure.
Tafcin was found to have anxiolytic effects in 1995 and over the next decade Russian scientists were focusing on developing a peptide drug that was able to have the most pronounced anxiolytic effects. This research, as well as clinical trials lasted until 2009, when Selank was finally brought to market under the brand name Selank® 0.15%. It is produced on a GMP-compliant factory by Peptogen Inc.
The spectrum of pharmacological action of the drug is unique. It is a popular over-the-counter anti-anxiety medicine with antidepressant and anti-asthenic actions; it also has a capacity to enhance memory and cognitive functions.
The mechanism of anxiolytic action is related to the regulation of norepinephrine, serotonin and enkephalins levels and their metabolism in the brain. It is suggested that another possible mechanism of action is inhibition of enkephalin-degrading enzymes, which increases the activity of endogenous opioid system and explains the mild analgesic effect of Selank.
Numerous clinical trials confirmed the safety of this peptide, which was found to not form a dependence and to be non-toxic even in doses 200-500 times higher than therapeutic ones.
Primary Uses of Selank® 0.15%:
- Anxiety and adjustment disorders;
- Neurasthenia, emotional lability;
- Stress-related disorders.
Is Selank going to be degraded after a long journey from Russia to the US?
- In short, No. It is a pharmaceutical nootropic produced by Peptogen Inc. According to the official instruction (drug sheet), once opened a bottle of Selank® is to be kept at temperatures below 30°C (86°F) for a period of up to 30 days. Apart from that, we want to stress some other points:
- The product contains methylparaben (0.01%), which works as a preservative and ensures longer shelf-life. It is considered safe and is frequently used in other drugs.
- The product is sterile and is produced on a GMP-compliant factory, which is likely to increase storage duration.
- For longer periods of time, Selank should be stored at temperatures below 10°C (50°F). The shelf life of a new product is 2 years if stored below 10°C (50°F).
This implies that if the temperature between 10°C (50°F) to 30°C (86°F) the storage duration is anywhere between 30 days to 2 years, depending on the temperature.
*Up until now, nobody complained about Selank being unusable due to the heat during transportation, though we have been shipping for more than three years by now.