Only original pharmaceutical products that passed 3 stages of clinical trials.
Our products are produced on GMP or state licensed factories.
10% CRYPTO DISCOUNT
10% discount for paying in BTC or other cryptocurrency.
PAYMENT BY CARD
Convenient Payment by Visa or MasterCard.
Guaranteed delivery times and clear Reshipment & Refund Rules.
Different shipping methods and same or next day shipping.
VINPOCETINE (Cavinton ®)
Buy Vinpocetine (Cavinton ®) Online!
Vinpocetine (Cavinton ®) is a nootropic of plant origin. It improves blood flow to the brain and is used to treat cerebrovascular disorders such as strokes and atherosclerosis. The vasodilatory action of Vinpocetine is mediated by a smooth muscle relaxation and a decrease of blood viscosity.
Buy Vinpocetine with fast US delivery 📦 Save with the volume discount 📦
|Form:||50 pills of 5mg|
|Form description:||Flat, round, chamfered, odorless tablets of white or off-white color with “CAVINTON” engraved on one side.|
|Active ingredient:||Vinpocetine – 5 mg|
|Excipients:||Colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, talc, corn starch, lactose monohydrate.|
|Pharmacological action:||Psychostimulant and nootropic agent|
|Shelf life:||5 years. Do not use it beyond the expiration date printed on the package.|
|Storage conditions:||Store in a dry dark place at temperatures no higher than 30°C (86°F). Keep out of reach of children.|
|Terms of release:||Over-the-counter|
|Manufacturer:||Gedeon Richter, Hungary https://www.gedeonrichter.com/|
What is Vinpocetine?
Vinpocetine (ethyl apovincaminate) is a nootropic drug obtained from vincamine, an alkaloid of the Vinca minor plant. Vinpocetine was discovered in the 1960s in Hungary and it has a history of medicinal use since 1978. Currently, it is known under the brand name Cavinton, which is a #2 bestselling drug of one of the largest European pharmaceutical companies, Gedeon Richter.
Besides wide usage in medicine, ethyl apovincaminate is often seen in nootropic supplements stacks available on the US market. It is also a component of a combination drug Vinpotropile, widely used in Russia.
What is the Mechanism of Action of Vinpocetine (Cavinton)?
The mechanism of action of vinpocetine consists of several elements: it improves cerebral blood flow and brain metabolism, and has a beneficial effect on the rheological properties of blood.
The neuroprotective effect is realized by reducing the adverse cytotoxic effect of excitatory amino acids. It blocks voltage-dependent Na+ and Ca2+ channels and NMDA- and AMPA-receptors. It can increases the neuroprotective effect of adenosine.
Vinpocetine stimulates brain metabolism: it increases the uptake and consumption of glucose and oxygen and improve tolerance to hypoxia. Vinpocetine shifts glucose metabolism towards the energetically more favorable aerobic pathway.
Vinpocetine enhances the metabolism of serotonin and norepinephrine in the brain, stimulates the noradrenergic neurotransmitter system and has an antioxidant effect. As a result, vinpocetine might have a cerebroprotective effect.
Vinpocetine is said to improve microcirculation in the brain by inhibiting platelet aggregation by reducing pathologically increased blood viscosity. It can also promote the passage of oxygen into cells.
What are the Benefits and Side Effects of Vinpocetine (Cavinton)?
Vinpocetine is a cerebral vasodilator, thus its primary pharmacological effect is the improvement of cerebral blood flow. The vasodilatory action of Vinpocetine is mediated by smooth muscle relaxation and a decrease in blood viscosity.
Besides the beneficial effect on blood flow, Vinpocetine was shown to have pronounced nootropic and neuroprotective benefits.
Vinpocetine inhibits voltage-gated sodium channels with the blocking potency comparable to that of Phenytoin, an anticonvulsant drug.
What is Vinpocetine Used For?
- Its primary clinical use is the treatment of cerebrovascular disorders such as strokes, dementia and atherosclerosis;
- Vinpocetine can help enhance memory and cognition;
- It is used to improve cognitive function in those with age related cognitive decline;
- According to clinical trials and anecdotal experiences, you can use Vinpocetine to relieve tinnitus. This also applies to another cerebral vasodilator of herbal origin, Bilobil (Ginkgo Biloba extract). It is also suggested that Cavinton (Vinpocetine) has only minor side effects.
Where Can I Order Vinpocetine Online?
You can buy Vinpocetine online at different vendors. CosmicNootropic offers Vinpocetine (Cavinton) in packs of 50x5mg pills. We offer fast US delivery and worldwide shipping with volume discounts! Always be sure to do your research before purchasing any nootropic supplement to ensure you are getting a quality product.
You can order Vinpocetine and get it delivered to the USA, Europe, the UK, Asia, and many other regions and countries via CosmicNootropic.
This product has not been approved by the US FDA. All statements on this page are for informational purposes only and have not been evaluated by the US FDA.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. See more
What is Cavinton Dosage and Administration?The recommended dose is 5–10 mg (1-2 tablets) 2-3 times per day. The course duration is 3–8 weeks. Before discontinuing taper the dose down. It is possible to have 2-3 courses over 1 year period.
What are the Side Effects of Vinpocetine (Cavinton)?Vinpocetine is usually well-tolerated and side effects are unlikely to occur. However, they may include:
- Labile/low blood pressure;
- Dry mouth;
- Allergic reactions.
- The acute phase of hemorrhagic stroke;
- Ischemic heart disease or acute arrhythmia;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Lactose intolerance;
- Age below 18 years.
Drug interactionVinpocetine does not interact with beta-blockers (Cloranolol, Pindolol), Clopamide, Glibenclamide, Digoxin, Acenocoumarol, Hydrochlorothiazide and Imipramine. The drug potentiates the hypotensive effect of Methyldopa. Despite the lack of data regarding interactions with drugs that have central, antiarrhythmic and anticoagulant actions, Vinpocetine should be used cautiously if coadministered with them.
- Dutov et al (1986) Use of cavinton in epilepsy https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3751419
- Burtsev et al (1988) Effectiveness of using cavinton in patients of different ages with chronic forms of cerebrovascular diseases (clinico-rheographic research) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3364094
- B Kiss, E Karpati (1996) Mechanism of action of vinpocetine https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9082841
- Szakall et al (1998) Cerebral effects of a single dose of intravenous vinpocetine in chronic stroke patients: a PET study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9780850
- S Szatmari, P Whitehouse (2003) Vinpocetine for cognitive impairment and dementia https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12535455
- Protasov et al (2006) Cavinton forte treatment of cerebral vascular insufficiency in patients with coronary heart disease and arterial hypertension https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16921716
- Nyakas et al (2009) Neuroprotective effects of vinpocetine and its major metabolite cis-apovincaminic acid on NMDA-induced neurotoxicity in a rat entorhinal cortex lesion model https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19492990
- Afon’kin et al (2009) The new scheme of cavinton application to the treatment of chronic neurosensory loss of hearing https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20081798
- E Chukanova (2010) Efficacy of cavinton in the treatment of patients with chronic blood flow insufficiency. Russian multicenter clinical-epidemiological program "CALIPSO" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21311488
- Jeon et al (2010) Vinpocetine inhibits NF-κB–dependent inflammation via an IKK-dependent but PDE-independent mechanism https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2906898/
- Patyar et al (2011) Role of vinpocetine in cerebrovascular diseases https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21857073
- Cai et al (2013) Vinpocetine Attenuates Lipid Accumulation and Atherosclerosis Formation https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3682500/
- A Ogunrin (2014) Effect of Vinpocetine (Cognitol™) on Cognitive Performances of a Nigerian Population https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4160700/
- Alkuraishy et al (2014) Vinpocetine and Pyritinol: A New Model for Blood Rheological Modulation in Cerebrovascular Disorders—A Randomized Controlled Clinical Study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4274818/
- Ruiz-Miyazawa et al (2015) Vinpocetine Reduces Carrageenan-Induced Inflammatory Hyperalgesia in Mice by Inhibiting Oxidative Stress, Cytokine Production and NF-κB Activation in the Paw and Spinal Cord
- Manda et al (2015) Studies on Pharmacokinetic Drug Interaction Potential of Vinpocetine https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5533163/
- Lee et al (2015) Vinpocetine Inhibits Streptococcus pneumoniae–Induced Upregulation of Mucin MUC5AC Expression via Induction of MKP-1 Phosphatase in the Pathogenesis of Otitis Media https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4456630/
- Wu et al (2017) Vinpocetine Attenuates Pathological Cardiac Remodeling by Inhibiting Cardiac Hypertrophy and Fibrosis https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5663637/
- Zhang et al (2018) An update on Vinpocetine: New discoveries and clinical implications https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5766389/
- Liu et al (2019) Vinpocetine in the treatment of poststroke cognitive dysfunction: A protocol for systematic review and meta-analysis https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30732122/
- Al-Kuraishy et al (2022) Vinpocetine is the forthcoming adjuvant agent in the management of COVID-19 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35662743/
- Khalil et al (2022) Vinpocetine (A comprehensive profile) https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35396012/
- Hu et al (2022) Vinpocetine and coenzyme Q10 combination alleviates cognitive impairment caused by ionizing radiation by improving mitophagy https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35907514/
Nootrop® is a dietary supplement which has a positive effect on mental performance and helps fight psycho-emotional stress. Nootrop stabilizes cerebral and peripheral blood flow, reduces intracranial pressure and toxic effect of alcohol. The active ingredients include B vitamins, glycine, ginkgo biloba and gotu kola. Fast US domestic shipping is available.
Buy Adaptogens Bundle to restore sustainable energy levels. Find your perfect adaptogenic supplement or stack without spending lots of money. The Adaptogens Bundle contains five most popular products in the category. Choose the perfect adaptogen that works for you. US fast delivery and international shipping available!
Buy Nootropics Bundle, give yourself an edge in improving your brain functions. Find your perfect nootropic supplement without spending lots of money. The Nootropics Bundle contains five most popular nootropics. Choose what work best for you. US fast delivery and international shipping available!
Mexidol® (Emoxypine) is a unique development of the Russian pharmaceutical industry. It's an inhibitor of free-radical processes and membrane protector. It shows antihypoxic, stress-protective, nootropic, anticonvulsant and anxiolytic action. Buy Mexidol to increase the body's resistance to various stress factors. Fast US domestic shipping is available.
You will now receive regular updates from us!