Dosage and administration
If you would like to see official doses please refer to the drug facts sheet located in each package. The doses range from 1200 - 3600 Mg for adults having mild cognitive decline up to 9000 - 12000 Mg when treating alcohol withdrawal symptoms.
Side effects occur very rarely, with the most common being increased irritability and hyperkinesia (excessive abnormal movements).
Piracetam is surprisingly non-toxic, however consuming too much might result in an increase in potential side effects.
You can find more information here: http://examine.com/supplements/piracetam/
Country of Manufacture: Belgium
US Domestic shipping is available for this product! Choose Ships from: US size option to get it in 3-7 days to any US address. Dont forget to choose US Domestic Shipping when checking out.
1 Month Course: of LUCETAM ® is 90 pills x 800mg - Save with the volume discount!
Over the last four decades, it has been extensively studied and it is currently approved in over 100 countries. Although it is often used by healthy individuals searching for safe and mild cognitive improvement, it is mostly prescribed to older patients, children and adults to relieve the following symptoms:
- Symptomatic treatment of various memory disorders
- Psychoorganic syndrome with asthenia.
- Alcoholic psychoorganic syndrome
- Treatment-resistant depressions
- Many other conditions characterised by lowered intellectual functioning
If used as a mild cognitive enhancer by otherwise healthy people Piracetam should be normally taken for a course of 4 to 6 weeks, with main effects starting to manifest after 3-4 weeks of supplementation. Piracetam is also very effective for preventing blood clothing issues, increasing longevity and maintaining mental abilities in older patients. It was also found to improve the communication between two hemispheres of the brain. However, most of studies carried on healthy people note a high inter-individual variability in terms of effects and their extent.
One pack of Nootropil ® contains 20 pills, each containing 1200 Mg of the active ingredient, which is sufficient for an average of 10 days of supplementation.
Country of Manufacture: Belgium
- Bartus et al (1981) Profound effects of combining choline and piracetam on memory enhancement and cholinergic function in aged rats https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7301036 Wilsher et al (1987) Piracetam and dyslexia: effects on reading tests https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3305591
- Mondadori et al (1989) The memory-enhancing effects of the piracetam-like nootropics are dependent on experimental parameters https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2736062
- Sano et al (1990) A controlled trial of piracetam in intellectually impaired patients with Parkinson's disease https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2388639
- M Vernon, E Sorokin (1991) Piracetam. An overview of its pharmacological properties and a review of its therapeutic use in senile cognitive disorders https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1794001
- Croisile et al (1993) Long-term and high-dose piracetam treatment of Alzheimer's disease https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8437693
- Enderby et al (1994) Effect of piracetam on recovery and rehabilitation after stroke: a double-blind, placebo-controlled study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9316679
- A Gouliaev, A Senning (1994) Piracetam and other structurally related nootropics https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8061686
- el-Hazmi et al (1996) Piracetam is useful in the treatment of children with sickle cell disease https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8922488
- Burd et al (1997) Nootropil in the treatment of disorders of the higher mental functions in patients with an ischemic stroke https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9424344
- De Deyn (1997) Treatment of acute ischemic stroke with piracetam. Members of the Piracetam in Acute Stroke Study (PASS) Group https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9412612
- Koskiniemi et al (1998) Piracetam relieves symptoms in progressive myoclonus epilepsy: a multicentre, randomised, double blind, crossover study comparing the efficacy and safety of three dosages of oral piracetam with placebo https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9527146
- Kondakor et al (1999) Single-dose piracetam effects on global complexity measures of human spontaneous multichannel EEG https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10555876
- S Evers, K Grotemeyer (1999) Piracetam and platelets--a review of laboratory and clinical data https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10338108
- Gualtieri et al (2002) Design and study of piracetam-like nootropics, controversial members of the problematic class of cognition-enhancing drugs https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11812254
- Waegemans et al (2002) Clinical efficacy of piracetam in cognitive impairment: a meta-analysis https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12006732
- G Hofmeyr, R Kulier (2002) Piracetam for fetal distress in labour https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11869588
- Uebelhack et al (2003) Effect of piracetam on cognitive performance in patients undergoing bypass surgery https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12806565
- B Winblad (2005) Piracetam: a review of pharmacological properties and clinical uses https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16007238
- Keil et al (2006) Piracetam improves mitochondrial dysfunction following oxidative stress https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16284628
- Libov et al (2007) Efficacy of piracetam in the treatment of tardive dyskinesia in schizophrenic patients: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17685739
- Mukhin et al (2007) A use of high dosages of piracetam in the treatment of Kozhevnikov epilepsy syndrome https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18379510
- G Neznamov, E Teleshove (2009) Comparative studies of Noopept and piracetam in the treatment of patients with mild cognitive disorders in organic brain diseases of vascular and traumatic origin https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19234797
- A Malykh, M Sadaie (2010) Piracetam and piracetam-like drugs: from basic science to novel clinical applications to CNS disorders https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20166767
- Fang et al (2013) Effect of piracetam on the cognitive performance of patients undergoing coronary bypass surgery: A meta-analysis https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3881046/
- Zhang et al (2016) Piracetam for Aphasia in Post-stroke Patients: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27236454