SELANK ® 0.15%
Buy Selank 0.15% Nasal Drops at the Best Price!
Selank is a peptide anxiolytic from Russia. It is available to buy online at a competitive price.
Fast US delivery and original factory-produced high quality!
|International Non-Proprietary Name (INN):||Threonyl-lysyl-prolyl-arginyl-prolyl-glycyl-proline diacetate|
|Form:||Nasal drops 0.15% (3 ml)|
|Form description:||The colorless transparent liquid in a 3 ml dropper bottle|
|Active ingredient:||Selank in terms of 100% substance (threonyl-lysyl-prolyl-arginyl-prolyl-glycyl-proline diacetate) – 1.5 mg;|
|Excipients:||Methyl parahydroxybenzoate (nipagin) – 1 mg, purified water – up to 1 ml|
|Pharmacological action:||Antianxiety, antiasthenic, nootropic|
|Shelf life:||2 years. Do not use beyond the expiration date printed on the package.|
|Storage conditions:||Store at temperatures not exceeding 10°C (50°F), do not freeze, protect from light.|
|Manufacturer:||CJSC ‘Innovation Research and Production Center “Peptogen’. https://selank.ru/|
What Is Selank?
Selank 0.15% is an anxiolytic peptide with nootropic properties. The main effects inlcude antianxiety, antidepressant, and antiasthenic. By its structure, Selank is based on endogenous tetrapeptide Tuftsin which plays an important role in the immune system.
Selank usually goes in the form of nasal spray or drops.
The History Behind Selank Peptide
Tuftsin was found to have anxiolytic effects in 1995. And over the next decade, Russian scientists were focusing on developing a peptide drug that was able to have the most pronounced anxiolytic effects.
To slow the breakdown of the peptide and prolong its effects, the inventors of Selank added glyproline to its structure. Numerous clinical trials confirmed the safety of this peptide, which was found to be void of dependence and to be non-toxic even in doses 200–500 times higher than therapeutic ones.
This research, as well as clinical trials, lasted until 2009 when Selank was finally brought to market under the brand name Selank 0.15%. It is produced in a GMP-compliant factory by Peptogen Inc. Read more about the producer in this blog post.
How Does Selank Work in the Brain?
The mechanism of the positive therapeutic action of Selank is based on its ability to restore normal levels of serotonin, noradrenaline and enkephalins in the the brain. Further, Selank increases the synthesis of dopamine in the cerebral cortex, which is the basis of the stimulating, restoring and increasing the brain activity.
If you want to read more about Selank check out comprehensive Selank Review in our blog.
Selank and Semax: is there a Difference?
Semax and Selank are two different products. Even though they are both peptides administered nasally, they produce different effects. While Semax is a nootropic and has pronounced stimulating effects, Selank is an anxiolytic. In short, if you are looking for improved focus, mild stimulation, and faster learning – Semax is your choice. Selank will be useful for those looking to release stress, relax, and improve mood.
What Are the Benefits of Selank Peptide?
The spectrum of the pharmacological action of the drug is wide and unique. It is a popular over-the-counter anti- anxiety medicine with antidepressant and anti-asthenic actions. It also has a capacity to enhance memory and cognitive functions.
Primary Uses of Selank 0.15% nasal drops include:
- Anxiety and adjustment disorders;
- Neurasthenia, emotional lability;
- Stress-related disorders, including GAD, PTSD etc.
Where To Buy Selank Online?
Selank is not FDA-approved, so you will not find it in the US over-the counter. But you can buy Selank online. There are different forms of Selank: powder, spray, drops. Make sure to obtain original Selank nasal drops from a trustworthy vendor.
Read more in our in-depth Selank review!
How to Use Selank: Dosage?
One bottle of Selank contains 60 drops, each having 75 mcg of the active ingredient. The average dose is 2-3 drops in each nostril. Selank should be taken up to 3 times per day.
The treatment course is 14 days.
Is it Safe to Use Selank?
In short, Yes. Selank research and human trials have shown it to be completely safe even in doses exceeding the recommended ones. Selank does not form a dependence, making it safe to use.
Selank has no effect on depressants or stimulants. It can be combined with neuro- and psychotherapy. If you are taking other medications, consult your doctor.
You can read more about Selank peptide nootropic in the ‘Research’ tab above.
Are There Any Side Effects of Selank?
Selank is generally well-tolerated. The side-effects listed in the instructions are very rare and include irritation of the nasal mucosa and mild allergic reactions. No cases of overdose were recorded.
Selank and Hair Loss
People frequently ask this question on different platforms including Reddit. But there have been no confirmed cases of Selank causing the loss of hair. Generally hair-loss is largely connected to increased BDNF. Selank is a supplement that can help regulate BDNF.
What is Selank Shelf-Life?
The shelf life of a new product is 2 years if stored properly: in a dark place at a temperature less than 10°C (50°F).
An opened bottle of Selank can be kept at room temperatures below 30°C (86°F) for a period of up to 30 days.
You can check out the ‘Reviews’ tab above. Besides there are also Selank reddit anecdotal experiences.
- Zozulya et al (2001) The inhibitory effect of Selank on enkephalin-degrading enzymes as a possible mechanism of its anxiolytic activity https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11550013
- Kost et al (2001) Semax and selank inhibit the enkephalin-degrading enzymes from human serum https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11443939
- Sokolov et al (2002) Effects of Selank on behavioral reactions and activities of plasma enkephalin-degrading enzymes in mice with different phenotypes of emotional and stress reactions https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12432865
- Kozlovskaya et al (2003) Selank and short peptides of the tuftsin family in the regulation of adaptive behavior in stress https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14969422
- I. Kozlovkii, N. Danchev (2003) The optimizing action of the synthetic peptide Selank on a conditioned active avoidance reflex in rats https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14552529
- T. Ganshina, I. Kozlovskii (2005) Effects of the new peptide anxiolytic drug selank on the cardiovascular system functioning and respiration in cats https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16193654
- Semenova et al (2007) Effect of selank on cognitive processes after damage inflicted to the cerebral catecholamine system during early ontogeny https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18683497
- Sarkisova et al (2008) Effects of heptapeptide selank on genetically-based and situation-provoked symptoms of depression in behavior in WAG/Rij and Wistar rats, and in BALB/c mice https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18661785
- Zozulia et al (2008) Efficacy and possible mechanisms of action of a new peptide anxiolytic selank in the therapy of generalized anxiety disorders and neurasthenia https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18454096
- Uchakina et al (2008) Immunomodulatory effects of selank in patients with anxiety-asthenic disorders https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18577961
- Medvedev et al (2014) A comparison of the anxiolytic effect and tolerability of selank and phenazepam in the treatment of anxiety disorders https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25176261
- Kolomin et al (2014) The temporary dynamics of inflammation-related genes expression under tuftsin analog Selank action https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/24291245/
- Medvedev et al (2015) Optimization of the treatment of anxiety disorders with selank https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26356395
- Volkova et al (2016) Selank Administration Affects the Expression of Some Genes Involved in GABAergic Neurotransmission https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26924987
- Kaisan et al (2017) Peptide Selank Enhances the Effect of Diazepam in Reducing Anxiety in Unpredictable Chronic Mild Stress Conditions in Rats https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5322660/
- Filatova et al (2017) GABA, Selank, and Olanzapine Affect the Expression of Genes Involved in GABAergic Neurotransmission in IMR-32 Cells https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5328971/
- Fomenko et al (2017) Effect of Selank on Functional State of Rat Hepatocytes under Conditions of Restraint Stress https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28853100
- Slominsky et al (2017) Peptides semax and selank affect the behavior of rats with 6-OHDA induced PD-like parkinsonism https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28702721
$11.00 – $50.00
Pantocalcin® is a nootropic drug that is used in the treatment of various neurotic disorders and psychoemotional stress. The active ingredient is Hopantenic acid which has neuroprotective, neurometabolic and neurotrophic properties. Pantocalcin if often prescribed in combination with other drugs as a part of complex therapy for the normalization of the brain function including ADHD in children.
$60.00 – $110.00
Metadoxil® (Metadoxine) is a drug used for the treatment of alcohol intoxication. Recent clinical studies also suggest that it can be used as a non-stimulant ADHD medication. Metadoxil is a salt of pyridoxine (vitamin B6 form) and pyrrolidone carboxylate. The drug promotes the metabolic degradation of ethanol and improves the functional state of the liver, thus decreasing the toxic effect of alcohol on the brain and body.
$14.00 – $30.00
Afobazole® is an anxiolytic drug with nootropic properties that is available OTC in Russia and CIS countries. It stabilises and upregulates GABA and benzodiazepine receptors, exhibits neuroprotective properties, and diminishes anxiety and tensions in the body. Unlike benzos Afobazole does not have sedative, hypnotic, and muscle relaxant action. Fast US domestic shipping is available.
$35.00 – $90.00
Actovegin® is an antioxidant that enhances aerobic oxidation, absorption of glucose and oxygen uptake in tissue. For this reason Actovegin has been used by athletes who wanted to speed up the recovery process and enhance physical performance and stamina. It is also used ug to treat sports injuries. Actovegin is a perfect alternative for the discontinued Ladasten (Bromantane). Fast US domestic shipping is available.